B2601 engine questions

msmcknight

Equipment
B2601
Oct 30, 2017
Statesville, NC, USA
Hi Guys,

I've got a new B2601 and I have a few questions about the engine that I just haven't found online...

1) What is the torque output curve? Like for my Ram 2500 I know I have 550 ft.lbs of torque at 1350rpm. Is there a similar spec for these Kubota engines? Is there a graph of the torque/horsepower curve at various RPM intervals that's been published?

2) Is the engine fuel injected? Common rail? etc? What is the fuel delivery mechanism (if I'm even saying that right)?

3) For diesel trucks, you can get a programmer that adjusts engine output -- horsepower, torque, etc. Do they make anything like that for tractors? Diesel engines are usually very flexible with their power production and are limited by software alone. Skipping the reasons why I shouldn't do it, for the sake of curiosity, is it even possible?

Thank you,
-Michael

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
There are tuners for large agricultural tractors but I haven't seen any marketed for compacts. And as 1970CS has said, the B is not an electronic engine anyway.

I keep searching to see if anyone will ever come out with DPF deletes for the Grand L's, but have not seen any yet.