B2601 arrived!!!!

slauso

Equipment
B2601,LA434 loader
Apr 7, 2018
canada
Finally took delivery of my B2601 tractor,loader,belly mower and snowblower. Initial impressions.....way bigger than my BX2230. More power for sure, love the skid steer quik hitch....wanted this big time......Just wondering about cutting grass on a side hill road ditch. My bx2230 had no problem, I never felt unsafe. The 2601 has a little higher center of gravity......any opinions out there or actual experiences would be much appreciated.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OUTSTANDING and of course pictures are in order unless your like me and need a 12 year old to show you how to do it.
Wheel spacers might work well to widen the stance a bit, 2 inches on either side make a big difference. But in all honesty I doubt you will need them.
Enjoy your new toy,,,errrrr TOOL I meant tool. :D

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Yes, show lots of pics. We love pics of new toys before, during and after getting them dirty

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I mowed side hills with my B2920 all the time and never had an issue. It does spook you at first sitting up so much higher but it was always stable. R4 tires, rears filled.
Same here. I mow across a couple fairly steep areas with my B2920 without problems. Just slow down.

slauso

Equipment
B2601,LA434 loader
Apr 7, 2018
canada
Thanks everyone for the info. No pics yet...lol. I did cut some grass yesterday and played with the cutting height adjuster. The adjuster wheel is fairly stiff moving to increase cutting height. Going back the other way it moves with less resistance. Just wondering what you guys have found. Also hooked my 4ft brush cutter and cut the grass/brush around the borders of my property. The 2601 handles this way better than 2230. Being physically bigger made hookup way easier also.

FINN

Equipment
B2601 RTV900
Feb 24, 2017
MT RAINIER
Most of my property is on a hill. I never felt comfortable crossing sloped or uneven terrain with just oil filled rear tires until I installed 2 1/2" rear spacers on my B2601. Should also mention I always have at least 500 lbs. hanging off the 3 point

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Most of my property is on a hill. I never felt comfortable crossing sloped or uneven terrain with just oil filled rear tires until I installed 2 1/2" rear spacers on my B2601. Should also mention I always have at least 500 lbs. hanging off the 3 point
Oil filled tires?
I've heard of Calcium Chloride, beet juice (Rimgard and other brands), windshield washer fluid (what I have in mine), RV anti-freeze, and just plain water in some areas but never oil.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
slauso;286633......Just wondering about cutting grass on a side hill road ditch. My bx2230 had no problem said:
Well....I fell the same way you do. I have a B2320 though, just about the same size.
In the first month I had it I was moving some dirt around in an area I cleared.
I got pretty fast and was working the loader well until I lifted the bucket while backing up, with a load, and my rear wheel went into a small (not too small) hole and the tractor went on it's side. Tossed me out onto the ground.
I do have turf tires, and they are stout enough to keep all of the tractor off the ground even when laying on it's side. It seemed like it went over so easy that now when I get to a specific area of my property I still get a bit nervous.
Sitting higher than my other tractor on those tall tires gets a bit unnerving on some of the hills. I change my approach in those areas and all is well.
But I do have a finish mower rather than a belly mower and that seems to dictate how steep a hill I can transverse.
Time and experience will show you just what you should and shouldn't do.

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
If you use the 3 point lever and raise the mower deck before adjusting cutting height the knob will turn easier

FINN

Equipment
B2601 RTV900
Feb 24, 2017
MT RAINIER
Oil filled tires?
I've heard of Calcium Chloride, beet juice (Rimgard and other brands), windshield washer fluid (what I have in mine), RV anti-freeze, and just plain water in some areas but never oil.
My dealer called it vegetable oil but was probably Rim Guard they put in.

Roswell

Equipment
B2601
Jun 11, 2018
Westport/Milton, MA
Happy with the 2601? Does it feel a bit large for mowing? I am probably a month away from ordering one with a 60" deck, also considering the 2301 but I suspect the power is nice for mowing quickly and snowblower with heavier snow. (I am in massachusetts)

I occasionally lift some floating docks in spring/fall that are a bit heavy for a BX loader.