B2601 and Pat's Quick Hitch

Chapel Hill Vann

Equipment
B2601, bush hog, pallet forks, boom pole, scraper blade
May 1, 2022
Chapel Hill NC
I have B2601 and am considering a Pat’s Quick Hitch. I have read many reviews, watched You tube videos, etc. I can’t use a standard quick hitch because most of my implements are not compatible.(they are OLD)

Does anyone have any specific comments-pro or con, particularly if they have a b2601 or similar compact Kubota.

Also, I know that the pin locations on the lifting arms are essentially extended by about 4”. I have read (and it makes sense) that 4” of extension will cause a loss of lifting power. The owner’s manual says that the “lifting force is 1808# at the lift points and 1411# at 24” behind the lift points”.

My questions are where do they consider the lifting points? Is it at the implement end of the lifting arm at the ball or is it where the lifting arm is attached to the frame of the tractor? I assume the latter.

Also, any ideas about how much lifting force would be lost with a 4” extension?

Any thoughts, ideas or advice is appreciated

Vann

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
IMG_2427.jpeg

The above is from the Operator Manual for my L4701. Lift capacity is rated at 2870lb at the ball on the lift arms that attaches to the implement (W 0 in the diagram).

IMG_2428.jpeg

This is from the Kubota website. It lists the 3 point lift capacity of the L4701 at 2870lb “at lift points” and 2320lb 24” behind lift points. The capacities of an L4701 aren’t directly relevant to your question, but a comparison of terminology and associated ratings in the two Kubota publications appears to be instructive in defining “the lift point”.

My interpretation of the above is “the lift point” is the ball on the lift arm that attaches to the implement.

Edit: Clearly, moving the lift point 4” back will reduce lift capacity. It’s currently 1808lb and 1411lb 24” back so at 4” back it would be less than 1808 and more than 1411. It would still be 20” in front of the 1411lb point so I would opine it would be a lot closer to 1808 than 1411. Some engineering calculations could be applied to figure it out exactly, but for practical purposes I’d assume it’s about 1700lb even though it’s likely a bit more than that.

Last edited:

Mountainman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501, B7100, B6000, BX24, B1750, B2400
Jul 10, 2022
Attalla Alabama
mossycreekoutdoors.com
I would think lift point would be at the ball of the arm. I have the pats quick hitch and overall love it. It's on a l2501 so a little bigger but no issues with bush hog, box blade, auger etc. So much easier to attach equipment. I did have 1 shim fall out and had to replace that and it seems like even though the u bolts are double nutted I still have to tighten them every once in a while if I use the auger a lot. But again do much easier to attach equipment.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Be aware length of PTO operated implements are moved further back that 4" also, so shaft length needs to be considered.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
The factory top links that come with the B series are a bit short so you will probably have to purchase a longer one. I got one from TSC when I installed my Pat's quick hitch about 10 years ago.

Mikeymotorbikey

Equipment
B2601
Jun 30, 2022
North Branch, Minnesota
The lift point is the implement end ball of the arms.

Another option to ease implement hookup and eliminate your concerns about lift capacity would be a hydraulic top and tilt kit. I recently completed my home brewed top and tilt kit and cannot believe how much easier it is to make implement hookups. Having independent, hydraulic control of the 3 points makes a world of difference.

$$ difference between a TNT and Pats is huge but, if you had any inclination towards a TNT, maybe do that first then decide if you think you still need the Pats.

As D2cat points out new PTO drivelines may be required for Pats installation. These $$ could be applied to TNT installation.

Just a thought.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I have B2601 and am considering a Pat’s Quick Hitch. I have read many reviews, watched You tube videos, etc. I can’t use a standard quick hitch because most of my implements are not compatible.(they are OLD)

Does anyone have any specific comments-pro or con, particularly if they have a b2601 or similar compact Kubota.

Also, I know that the pin locations on the lifting arms are essentially extended by about 4”. I have read (and it makes sense) that 4” of extension will cause a loss of lifting power. The owner’s manual says that the “lifting force is 1808# at the lift points and 1411# at 24” behind the lift points”.

My questions are where do they consider the lifting points? Is it at the implement end of the lifting arm at the ball or is it where the lifting arm is attached to the frame of the tractor? I assume the latter.

Also, any ideas about how much lifting force would be lost with a 4” extension?

Any thoughts, ideas or advice is appreciated

Vann
Welcome.

If you have not already, I’d recommend looking to some past threads on the subject. Here is one…

I have have both Pats and a QH, and I would not buy a QH again. I like the flexibility to use different brands of attachments and multiple of them do not have common width of pins. The pats IMO is easier to hook up…there are extra steps but it’s easier and more flexible especially if something not sitting on flat ground or you have implements that have a variety of widths of pins.

I hope this helps. ☕

Reactions: 1 user

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
The factory top links that come with the B series are a bit short so you will probably have to purchase a longer one. I got one from TSC when I installed my Pat's quick hitch about 10 years ago.
I’m running Pats on my B3200 and no issues with the length of the top link. I use a box blade, standard blade for snow work, Land Pride land plane, EA disc and a Woods brush cutter with this tractor. No issues with lifting any of these attachments. My only issue with the Pats was not having the bottom links tight. Too much side to side and the implement will pop off. Once I figured that out, no issues. I also have a QH from HF. It stays on the B1700 to pull the chicken tractor around and keep the 3 pt links from flopping around.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I would think lift point would be at the ball of the arm. I have the pats quick hitch and overall love it. It's on a l2501 so a little bigger but no issues with bush hog, box blade, auger etc. So much easier to attach equipment. I did have 1 shim fall out and had to replace that and it seems like even though the u bolts are double nutted I still have to tighten them every once in a while if I use the auger a lot. But again do much easier to attach equipment.
I have a Kubota L48 TLB, but have never even used the 3pt.
The BH stays on!
I also have a 32HP Ford (Shibaura), and it DOES have the "Pat's Quick Hitch".
I do love it!

Chapel Hill Vann

Equipment
B2601, bush hog, pallet forks, boom pole, scraper blade
May 1, 2022
Chapel Hill NC
thanks for the replies. Glad to clear up the lifting point location.
I ordered a Pat's unit today. I also ordered a PTO extension and a 20" top link.
this forum has been a lot of help for me- my first Kubota, but had multiple old tractors since 1988. The b2601 is much nicer than my '63 MF35.
I love it and my wife also loves to drive it and use it around the house.
Thanks
Vann

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
thanks for the replies. Glad to clear up the lifting point location.
I ordered a Pat's unit today. I also ordered a PTO extension and a 20" top link.
this forum has been a lot of help for me- my first Kubota, but had multiple old tractors since 1988. The b2601 is much nicer than my '63 MF35.
I love it and my wife also loves to drive it and use it around the house.
Thanks
Vann
Good luck. I’d aLao recommend:
1. get an extra 1 or 2 lynch pin washers and put in your toolbox.

2. Put some low or medium threadlock on the threaded knob (used in the center of the cross piece). It can vibrate out😉.

3. First time you attach each implement have a paint pen handy and mark the widths in the cross piece so you have a presence mark to reset to as you are changing implements.

Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user