B26 No start

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
Just did filter and hydraulic fluid change and started the machine to circulate the oil. Ran for about 2 minutes and I shut her down. Came back about 1/2 hr later and turned the key everything works except it won’t turn over. Thought maybe the seat pressure switch so I bypassed that and same thing. Looked at all fuses I could find and nothing is blown. I don’t have a shop manual yet it is on its way. Has to be something simple. Is there another safety switch somewhere that I don’t know of? Only 165hrs on it but it’s new to me.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Look over the pages from the WSM.

There are a number of safety switches that can inhibit starting.

Sorry the pages are broken up but file size limitations on the forum made this difficult.

The table on the very last page showing the conditions that must be met to start should be your starting point.

Dave

Attachments

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
To check the hst pedal switch just turn the key to start and hold it there and move the pedal into the neutral position seeking a position that will let starter engage.

From reading on this site that switch is problematic on some models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mvwood

Equipment
B21(sold) B26
Apr 7, 2011
Wallkill NY
thanks guys I think I have pinpointed it to the HST safety switch. I will work on it a bit more tomorrow. As for the workshop manual I have one on order from Messicks. My question is that the best place to order them from? I want to get a manual that the service departments mechanics have. I'm curious if the Messicks manual is that version or more of a shade tree mechanic version? thanks

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
thanks guys I think I have pinpointed it to the HST safety switch. I will work on it a bit more tomorrow. As for the workshop manual I have one on order from Messicks. My question is that the best place to order them from? I want to get a manual that the service departments mechanics have. I'm curious if the Messicks manual is that version or more of a shade tree mechanic version? thanks
The Messicks' version of the WSM will have the same Kubota pages as I posted earlier.

It is not a "How to" manual but a reference manual as are all manuals these days. It assumes a reasonable level of knowledge.

Dave