B26 bent quick attach rod

rexey

Jun 29, 2017
New Hampshire.

It brings in the feet just enough that I can't use it. Bought it already attached to the bucket and bought some forks that don't fit because if it.
700-800 to replace. any idea if I can get this bent back or who I could get to do it? If I do it, I will likely bend that sucker in half and have to buy a new unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Just need to pull it back out!

If your apprehensive about it, put a piece of angle iron (like from a bed rail) about 18" long on the back side then wrap a chain around that. Attach the other end of the chain to a tree, or the ball on a pickup, gently ease back until you're satisfied.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The rod being bent back is not your real issue.
Your real issue is that your plates are out of time.
Use a chain or very strong strap and hold back the plate that is leading and use the hydraulics to roll the lagging plate out till it matches time with the leading plate, then the QA will work again.

Last edited:

rexey

Jun 29, 2017
New Hampshire.
The rod being bent back is not your real issue.
Your real issue is that your plates are out of time.
Use a chain or very strong strap and hold back the plate that is leading and use the hydraulics to roll the lagging plate out till it matches time with the leading plate, then the QA will work again.

They have slowly become that way since I took the bucket off, they were even when I was trying to install. When you look at the pic you are right, but you can also see they are bent in. That is what kept the attachment from fitting. But I will need to even them, I greatly appreciate the how too.

rexey

Jun 29, 2017
New Hampshire.
Just need to pull it back out!

If your apprehensive about it, put a piece of angle iron (like from a bed rail) about 18" long on the back side then wrap a chain around that. Attach the other end of the chain to a tree, or the ball on a pickup, gently ease back until you're satisfied.

The angle iron wrap seems like the way to do it. It can only bend till straight. Super idea!! Thank you!!

russell.still.5

Aug 28, 2017
Lafayette, Alabama
The angle iron wrap seems like the way to do it. It can only bend till straight. Super idea!! Thank you!!

My guess is it will bend back after it is only pulled to a "straight" position. You will have to pull it slightly beyond "straight" for it to come to rest where it needs to be. Same with my dads loader bucket. He bent the cutting edge down removing stumps. Had to push it way beyond straight.