B2410 HST front axle oil seals seals

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Well it finally happened. The right front axle pivot oil seal gave up the ghost. I am going to pick up the seals, a total of four, for both sides and the axle.

It looks like a pretty straight forward job and that is why I am throwing it out here to solicit tips, cautions, and basically what to look out for. Please chime in as your thoughts and experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Well it finally happened. The right front axle pivot oil seal gave up the ghost. I am going to pick up the seals, a total of four, for both sides and the axle.

It looks like a pretty straight forward job and that is why I am throwing it out here to solicit tips, cautions, and basically what to look out for. Please chime in as your thoughts and experiences will be greatly appreciated.
Folks ..... Oil seal replacement it is not straight forward on the B2410. Twenty year old stuff just does not want to give it up. I am just now ready to put the left side of the front axle together. This one was the beast. The right side was difficult but I did not have to take anything to a machine shop to get it apart. Everything from Galled bearings to having to take a cutting torch to get them off.

If all goes well tomorrow I'll be back up and running tomorrow evening. In all fairness as to why it took so long to get this far... I had my second Moderna shot and it kicked my keister for 4 days...

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
sounds like you have it figured out. I was going to suggest a bearing puller, or torch (I have used both, torch is faster but potentially more destructive). Was also going to suggest replacing the hub bearings as they are usually the cause of leaking seal(s).

Butch

Equipment
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
sounds like you have it figured out. I was going to suggest a bearing puller, or torch (I have used both, torch is faster but potentially more destructive). Was also going to suggest replacing the hub bearings as they are usually the cause of leaking seal(s).
Yep and you are 100% correct... that's why I replaced the hub bearings also...