B2400 tire sizes

Mnobile1

Equipment
Kubota B2400 Loader Backhoe
Nov 5, 2012
Princeton, New Jersey
My B2400 is in need of tires and in searching the web I have seen a lot of confusing info regarding the proper tire sizes and even more confusing info regarding gear ratios and the tires "leading" or "lagging". The tire combination I am putting on is as follows:

Front tires 23x8.5-12
Rear tires 33x12.50-15

Can anyone tell me if this combination will work together on a B2400 HST 4wd?

Thank you in advance,
Mike

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
That's the tire sizes I have on my B7610. I think my fronts are 23x10.5 - 15

Mnobile1

Equipment
Nov 5, 2012
Princeton, New Jersey
Thanks Greg. When I got the tractor it had 2 different tires in the front, 23x8.5-12 on one side and 24x8.5-12 on the other. I cant find the 24x8.5 for sale anywhere on this planet, so I guess I will just go with the 23's and call it a day!

kc8fbl

Equipment
2014 L3200 HST FEL, 1949 Minneapolis-Moline R
Aug 23, 2012
Gobles, MI
I would definitely get both tires the same size. I like the wider tires on the front since I'm in a lower geographical area. It can get quite wet here and the wider tires float a little better. BTW, the tires are the turf tires.

MikeL

Equipment
L185F L245DT L1200 L1700 L235 L4530B
Aug 29, 2012
Falls, PA
That is the correct combination based on the online Kubota parts list.

jstarkey

Equipment
B2320
Dec 9, 2012
Templeton, Massachusetts
Thanks Greg. When I got the tractor it had 2 different tires in the front, 23x8.5-12 on one side and 24x8.5-12 on the other. I cant find the 24x8.5 for sale anywhere on this planet, so I guess I will just go with the 23's and call it a day!
I'm in the market for that size turf tires for my B2320. Where are you going to get your tires? What price have you come up with?

Thanks, James

Mnobile1

Equipment
Nov 5, 2012
Princeton, New Jersey
Hello James,

So sorry for the delayed response as I was away for the Holiday. My pleasure to assist. The front tires, 23x8.5x12, I found at Northern Tool.. I know, who would have thought they'd have them! I searched everywhere, and when I did find them the prices were ridiculous. Northern has then for 69 bucks plus shipping, and no sales tax. Here is the link: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200331315_200331315

If the link doesn't work, go to Northern Tools website and search Item #1345

As for the rear tires, 33x12.50x15, I went with the Wrangler Duraply. It's a SUV tire, fit's the Old K-5 Blazers and OJ Simpson Broncos. They cost me 175.00 each and I got them locally from a friend who owns a tire shop.

One last thing, the front tires at Northern are a no brainer for 69 bucks each, but before you buy the rear tires for around 175.00 each, check your local Craigslist for used ones. I wish I did because after I purchased new,I found a slew of them used on Craigslist for like 50 bucks each with a lot of meat left on them.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Mike

MikeL

Equipment
L185F L245DT L1200 L1700 L235 L4530B
Aug 29, 2012
Falls, PA
My local Kubota dealer has 2 very nice used sets on pallets. I checked them out when I was looking for some turfs for my L235. The rears are the right size for certain. There was snow on the fronts and I saw they were 12" but I did not verify the size. Dealer says he will be willing to "make a deal" on them. If interested give Seth a call at 570-675-3344.

jstarkey

Equipment
B2320
Dec 9, 2012
Templeton, Massachusetts
Hello James,

So sorry for the delayed response as I was away for the Holiday. My pleasure to assist. The front tires, 23x8.5x12, I found at Northern Tool.. I know, who would have thought they'd have them! I searched everywhere, and when I did find them the prices were ridiculous. Northern has then for 69 bucks plus shipping, and no sales tax. Here is the link: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200331315_200331315

If the link doesn't work, go to Northern Tools website and search Item #1345

As for the rear tires, 33x12.50x15, I went with the Wrangler Duraply. It's a SUV tire, fit's the Old K-5 Blazers and OJ Simpson Broncos. They cost me 175.00 each and I got them locally from a friend who owns a tire shop.

One last thing, the front tires at Northern are a no brainer for 69 bucks each, but before you buy the rear tires for around 175.00 each, check your local Craigslist for used ones. I wish I did because after I purchased new,I found a slew of them used on Craigslist for like 50 bucks each with a lot of meat left on them.

Let me know how this works out for you.

Mike
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the lead. I looked for the Wrangler tires online and came up with Duratrac 33 x 12.5 x 15's for around $200. I just got my Kubota B2320 and want to try some turf tires as I work on a lot of wet ground and like the idea of a bigger footprint. I asked my dealer about a set and he quoted me over $1000 for a set of 4 with rims!

It seems odd to be looking at tires that go on an SUV for the Kubota. Can you load them with Calcium Chloride ( or the newer equivalent ) for weight? Would I have to worry about matching the tread pattern as long as all 4 are "turf" tires and the sizes are correct?

I tried my tractor plowing snow today and it's pretty slippery. I have the R4 industrial tires ( loaded ) with a loader and a weight box on the rear that adds 500 lbs of weight. Wonder if I should go with the turfs and some sort of chains for plowing snow?

Appreciate any comments.

James

Mnobile1

Equipment
Nov 5, 2012
Princeton, New Jersey
I would think over a $1000 is a lot of money, but anything from the dealer typically is. Don't know why they'd wanna sell you new rims if yours are in good shape, unless you want to sets of tires for different applications.

I prefer the SUV tires in the rear as I know they will last forever and handle all the weight and any terrain I put them through. I have BF Goodrich Radial all terrains on the rear now. Been on there for 10 years, since the previous owner had the tractor. He swore by them told me they were worth every penny he spent and then some. Best thing is they don't tear up my yard like the R4's would. My yard tends to stay wet for a long time. That's part of the reason I got the tractor, so I could regrade in my spare time.

I'm sure you can load them for weight as they are just like any other tire. And I would not worry about matching thread patterns. The front and rear are completely different sizes, so the threads will never match exactly anyway.

If your having traction problems with the turf tires, just put the chains on and you'll be fine.

Ed Hill

Equipment
B3000 with Meteor drag snowblower and mid-mount mower; M7040 with accessories
Jun 22, 2009
Wheelock, VT
My understanding is that the circumference relationship between the front and rear tires is the critical element, not tread patterns. I would suspect that sidewall strength might be an issue in things like woods work, but for light yard use, it shouldn't matter. If you put non-standard tires on a 4 wheel drive tractor, you can wreck the drive train unless the circumference ratio back to front is the same as the standard tires.