Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Do you have SSQA on the FEL now?
If not you'll need to get the adapter.
Then you can swap between just about any SSQA attachment.

Here is one SSQA adapter.

Note: Adding SSQA to that loader will greatly reduce it's lift capacity.

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
Do you have SSQA on the FEL now?
If not you'll need to get the adapter.
Then you can swap between just about any SSQA attachment.

Here is one SSQA adapter.

Note: Adding SSQA to that loader will greatly reduce it's lift capacity.
That’s exactly why I want to trade the FEL w/ pin on bucket for another one with SSQA / bucket.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That’s exactly why I want to trade the FEL w/ pin on bucket for another one with SSQA / bucket.
They didn't make an SSQA equipped loader for that tractor, The LA304 with a pin on bucket was the only loader that will fit it.
You would need to sell the tractor with the loader and replace it with a newer and larger version of tractor and loader.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
That WS one is close to $1000 .Another option it to make an SSQA adapter plate. Some vendors sell the 'ends', you buy, weld lengths of barstock to connect and now 'up and running. Depending on how it's made, you'll only lose 100-1150# of payload BUT gain on SSQA versatility !! I'm maybe 50-50 between bucket and pallet forks, and currently making a ,ugh, snow pusher'.

Your tractor is similar to my BX23S at +-24HP,weight and size and I specifically ordered SSQA. It's not a hardship to have to 'split' loads or take an extra run. If that IS a 'pain', simply buy a HUGE tractor ,though bigger is not always better.

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
They didn't make an SSQA equipped loader for that tractor, The LA304 with a pin on bucket was the only loader that will fit it.
You would need to sell the tractor with the loader and replace it with a newer and larger version of tractor and loader.
Thank you for response and info. I’m just trying to save a buck and try to use a small light grapple for brush and tree limb removal.

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
Thank you for response and info. I’m just trying to save a buck and try to use a small light grapple for brush and tree limb removal.
PS: I think I can add on the SSQA to my pins, but then need to weld on more SSQA to my bucket By then my little tractor probably won’t pickup a 100 pound log !!!!( sarcasm)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
While this is a little bit of a pain, you could get a light Grapple made to pin on.
Doing that you'll retain your lift capabilities.
There is a non SSQA adapter that will make that much easier too attach, that requires no alteration to your loader bucket.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
So you want to use a small grapple? Even if you can add a pin on grapple and find one that weighs 350 lbs, you’ll be limited to about 250 -300 lbs of pay load. Maybe an “add a grapple” to the existing front bucket might be a way to go.

Or bolt on forks? That would probably preserve as much payload as possible.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I've moved a forest full of 'brush and limbs' using pallet folks on my BX23S over the past 5 years. OK, a grapple could have been easier but they cost a lot more than forks.
Years ago(preKubota...) I made pin on forks for my D-14 out of angle iron( think they're supposed to be lintels for brick walls ? ). neighbour punched out the mounting holes, rest was easy morning's welding.

options...always look at options....

Reactions: 1 users

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I added one of these grapple thumbs to the bucket of my B2920 and use it all the time. When I don’t want it in the way, which is rare, I remove the pins and take it off leaving the bucket.

Reactions: 1 users

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
While this is a little bit of a pain, you could get a light Grapple made to pin on.
Doing that you'll retain your lift capabilities.
There is a non SSQA adapter that will make that much easier too attach, that requires no alteration to your loader bucket.
Thanks! Can you elaborate a little in that grapple and easy Pin on attachment
So you want to use a small grapple? Even if you can add a pin on grapple and find one that weighs 350 lbs, you’ll be limited to about 250 -300 lbs of pay load. Maybe an “add a grapple” to the existing front bucket might be a way to go.

Or bolt on forks? That would probably preserve as much payload as possible.
thanks. I would like a grapple capability. I have bolt on forks and they worked ok for me to move 7 Giant water oaks after hurricane blew them down in my yard. I think a step up for me would be the add a grapple Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks! Can you elaborate a little in that grapple and easy Pin on attachment
Well I would tell you about it, but I can't find one!
It was an adapter that changed the top pin holes to hooks and bottom to pins.
One other issue is I can't even find a pin on grapple that would fit that loader.
So unless your into fabricating you're probably better off getting the lightest SSQA adapter you can find and the lightest grapple and calling it good. ;)

Or as BAP pointed out a bolt on thumb for your bucket would be a cheaper and efficient option.
then you just need this to make it work.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
For what it's worth......
Titan Attachments may have the best selection.

Last edited:

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I suspect that the add a thumb linked above will be a pretty reasonable way to get to close to what you want. And at a decent price.

The third function will run you about $600-1000 depending on which manufacturer you get it from. The install, well if you care about neat work, you ought to do it yourself. If that’s not an option, the dealer can “throw” it on there in a couple hours.

I did see a video GoodWorks Tractor has that shows using a light weight grapple that doesn’t require a dedicated third function. It uses the bucket’s curl cylinders somehow. You might look around on YouTube for that. If I see it again, I’ll post it here for you.

Found a rendition of the video.

GWT YouTube Brush Crusher Video

Here’s a link to the BC-4200/4215. 238 lbs for the BC-4200. But…I sort of think these might specific to the JD QA system.

BC-4200/4215 Grapple

Last edited:

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
First of all I appreciate all your replies and input ideas. I believe I will have to go with the add a grapple to my existing pin on bucket and use the diverter valve. This would be the best and least expensive way to go and I really won’t expect my little b2320 to do more than it’s sposed to do. Love the tractor tho!! I may try to raise the pressure a little bit tho