B2301 transmission filter change

TennesseeRedDog

Equipment
B2301
Sep 12, 2018
Cleveland, TN
Can you change the filter without first draining the reservoir? It calls for a 50 hour filter change and a fluid change after 400... Do you pull the filter and plug the line with your finger? LOL? Or did I miss something in my oper manual?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I have a BX. The filter on that can be changed without losing much fluid, but you need to work quickly. I had a dented filter while ago, maybe lost a pint or so, plus the filter contents, which also pour out.

Guessing your B is similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Or look up the video of how you use a shop vac to create a vacuum and you will loose next to nothing. Did this trick and worked perfect.

jmusits

Equipment
B2301, L434 Loader, B2673 w/ Hyd. Angle, EA 54" XTreme Duty Compact Box Blade
Mar 26, 2017
Greenfield Center, NY
While the WSM and service intervals don’t state that the hydro fluid needs to be changed at 50hrs, I am in the camp of changing all my fluids after 50 hours. It’s at this point when the crap from break in is going to be present in the fluids. For a few bucks it’s nice insurance for a machine I paid a nice wad of cash for.

TennesseeRedDog

Equipment
B2301
Sep 12, 2018
Cleveland, TN
Thanks guys. Nice to know you are out there. This tractor has me on pins and needles especially with fluid levels, lubrication, losing pins and stuff shaking loose.
:eek:

TennesseeRedDog

Equipment
B2301
Sep 12, 2018
Cleveland, TN
While the WSM and service intervals don’t state that the hydro fluid needs to be changed at 50hrs, I am in the camp of changing all my fluids after 50 hours. It’s at this point when the crap from break in is going to be present in the fluids. For a few bucks it’s nice insurance for a machine I paid a nice wad of cash for.
Thanks. I may do that. I talked with the country boys here at work and they swear that you can buy your filters & fluids at O'Reilly's and Wally World and "save money". Like noses, everybody's got an opinion... I'd rather not take any chances.