B2301 Finally Here!

dairborn

Equipment
B2301, 434 FEL, SGC060 Grapple, BB1248, 54" MMM
Mar 3, 2019
Mcdonough Georgia USA
I took delivery of my new machine finally. First Tractor EVER. Really looking foward to putting it to work on my 4.5 acre property. Had it out with the MMM mower today and it was amazing how much faster I could cut the grass compared to that toro I just sold with a 42 inch deck. I took the loader and box blade off with no trouble. Messick's and GP Outdoors videos are a God send. Still waiting on my 3rd option valve as my local dealer in GA got sent the wrong one so they had to dial up Messicks and have them send one. Apparently the 01 valves are on shortage all over the place. They will be coming by the house via service truck to do the install this week and bring the grapple. Other then the grass, I got to use the loader today to turn some compost piles and push them back a bit. Really opened up some space in the front. Well enjoy the pictures. So far so good. Only hiccup I had, and I think its because I am a small framed guy is that when I back up I seem to slide foward and I come off the seat just enough to activate that kill switch under the seat. I started grabbing the ROPS to hold myself in place and that seem to do the trick. Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Attachments

Last edited:

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Nice machine. I looked at your pictures....you sure are small :)
My good friend just went to the local dealer today.
He's looking at that machine with a rotary mower rather than a MMM for his property / farm.
One bit of advice for you.....don't get it too close to the pool. Sh*t happens.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
My bet is on your smiling young apprentice becoming a full fledged expert operator on that machine in just a few short years!! :D She looks as proud to be sitting on that tractor as you must be of her!! Congrats!!

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Good looking machine, congrats. Best rest up before they deliver that grapple, you may be getting a lot more seat time when it comes.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Congrats on the new machine I'm sure you will love it FYI they are addicting don't be surprised if another shows up eventually. :)

Glassman13

Jan 26, 2017
Amherst Ohio
That's great! I also have a 2301 with FEL an backhoe. Skipped the mmm cause it interferes with ground clearance. The tractor has been almost flawless! You'll love it!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Showing off your new tractor around the pool... Made the Kubota look like a swimsuit model. I mean, how could you make them look any better? LOL... Cute operator too. More on her later...

You will soon wonder how the heck you got along without a tractor. I have had my Kubota (second tractor) five years and it has long since paid for itself during a remodel. I call it "retired" sitting in my barn but boy, when I get her out to do stuff, I count my blessings every time I start it up. And, you don't have to be pulling an implement or mow rig. Tractors are the most incredible 4WD wheelbarrows ever made. I have moved many times the weight of my machine in cement blocks, gravel, flagstone, etc. Would have been back-breaking without the tractor.

Keep it garaged and serviced and that young lady behind the wheel can inherit it someday and remember you by. Seriously, when her feet can touch the pedals, get her checked out. My wife found she liked running my HST and it sure made my job easier doing some tasks. Like languages, operator skills are absorbed quickly by kids if they have the inclination.

More pictures when you get jobs going. Thanks for sharing.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Nice machine. I looked at your pictures....you sure are small :)
My good friend just went to the local dealer today.
He's looking at that machine with a rotary mower rather than a MMM for his property / farm.
One bit of advice for you.....don't get it too close to the pool. Sh*t happens.
+1. Diesel's don't like water....:)

dairborn

Equipment
B2301, 434 FEL, SGC060 Grapple, BB1248, 54" MMM
Mar 3, 2019
Mcdonough Georgia USA
Thanks everyone.....Finally Got the grapple this week. Been a little hectic getting it. They had to order the valve from Messicks, didn't know the order arrived and sat in the shop for 2 days. Then the grapple's quick couple was the wrong size to connect to the valve. They spent the day running around the county looking for the correct part to fix it. OMG! I think my sales man is kinda new and I know his heart is in in the right place, but you can tell he lacks seat time.

So I get the grapple finally. I go to try it out. Go out, pick up a pile of vines and BANG...Hydraulic line on the grapple blows out of its crimp. Fluid All over me, the tractor, I mean it was all the way on the rear wheel covers. Shot out like a cannon. I'm fine, thank God. Man was I pissed. I had the service manager's personal cell so I sent him a text and pictures. He was kind enough, even though the shop had closed for the weekend to call around to his techs and found a guy that lived close that came over and gave me a hand. He grabbed both hoses and ran back to the shop and fabricated some brand new hoses and he did all the crimping so their were no doubts. Hour and a half later, unit was back running and all sealed up. He topped off the hydro fluid for me, left me what was left and headed home. NOW THAT'S some customer Service. I will be running over to the dealer this week with a couple of 6 packs. Would have been high and dry for the weekend but they really want their customers to be happy.

So today I ripped up the center part of our drive around driveway circle that was planted with these "vines from hell" and other misfit shrubs. What a mess! These have to be the strongest vines in the world. Tangled together so bad, full curl and boom deflection on the stick had little to no effect pulling them out. Really had to take small bites and work slow. Took 2 days but its all clear now. Plan on putting grass down in the near future. First major project is already half way done. There was NO WAY this could have been done by hand. This machine is great. Thanks !