B2150HST Starting Problems

bread

Equipment
Kubota B2150HST
Oct 5, 2020
Sebastopol, CA
My 1993 B2150 (963 hrs) suddenly developed issues on startup.

It initially began when upon turning the key to start position when I got no response other than the clicking of the fuel shutoff solenoid (?). I tried restarting a few moments later and the starter mechanism worked fine. The following day the tractor started up fine again, with no issues. Later that same day I tried restarting and got nothing but the fuel solenoid again.

I have a three months old battery and believe it to be fine (showed 13V on my multi-meter).

I need to troubleshoot the problem, but am uncertain of the steps I should take and the order to undertake them.

Aside from the battery, ignition switch, and starter/magnetic switch unit, are there other components involved in startup? If so, can you identify them for me.

Any guidance to this non-mechanic, but highly curious DYI guy, would be most appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Open the hood, if turning the key to on and the Stop solenoid engages and stays engaged for 5 secs you have a bad ignition switch or wiring connection.
Turning the key on should not engage the stop solenoid till it is shut off.
If it's not cranking when you turn the key and the stop solenoid is engaging again bad ignition switch or wiring.
If it is cranking and will not fire, is it because the stop solenoid is engaged?

• Love
Reactions: 1 users