B2150 Lose Steering Wheel

NorCalOrange

Equipment
B2150HST, Brush Hog, FEL, Post Hole Digger
Mar 24, 2019
Newcastle, Ca.
Spending more quality time with the B2150. The steering wheel is lose at the top of the column. I found a couple threads that mention replacing the bushing below the wheel.

Their are two bushing below the wheel. One sits at the top of the steering column tube, on the outside of the tube, and is called a Shaft Cover. The other sits below the Shaft Cover, inside the tube, and is called a Bushing.

The Shaft Cover is thicker and seems like it could hold the wheel column better as it has more contact area with the steering column then the Bushing. The Bushing contact area with the steering column is very small, thin, and it looks more like a seal then a type of support bushing

Any one know for sure which to replace?

Attachments

NorCalOrange

Equipment
Mar 24, 2019
Newcastle, Ca.
B2150hst with Power Steering and 4wd. Sorry about the pics. I dont know why they are small. I will try something else...

Update: forgot to mention. I removed steering wheel and both bushing and shaft cover. Reinstalled everything and the wheel feels much better. Not tight, but a lot better. No doubt the bushing and cover were rotated and the softer, most warn area, is in a different location.

Attachments

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I would replace both of them, they should not be too expensive.

My L185 also has a part that goes over the steering tube and adds support from the fuel tank. That made mine much more rigid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Servmgr64

Equipment
Kubota Grand L3010HST, BX2350 various implements
Jan 6, 2016
Poweshiek county Ia
My sons B1550 had the same issue. It did not bother him but I could not stand the play. I bought both for him & put in problem solved, I think the parts were less than $20.00.

NorCalOrange

Equipment
Mar 24, 2019
Newcastle, Ca.
Both parts from dealer cost $60. Spoke with dealer and he thinks its the lower one. But, said to replace both because he is not sure.

Cut pasture for about 90 mins yesterday and it still feels good after moving parts around. I guess when it feels lose again both parts will get replaced.