B2150 HST 3 point hitch problem

Cardinal

Jun 7, 2017
Central Connecticut
Hello, I have a 2150hst that I have had for 8-10 years now. The tractor has been a great little machine. I just replaced the front bucket valve with a brand hydraulics unit and the bucket works much better now, however the 3 point hitch will only lift at max throttle with no weight. It always picked up at idle prior to the new valve.

I believe the problem lies in the diverter valve on the passenger side of the machine. I disassembled the valve on my bench and found a chunk of o-ring or other material stuck in the top pressure relief. Reinstalled and still has the same problem, swapped the old kubota valve for the loader back on and still has the same problem. Changed the filter and cleaned the strainer to rule that out. The machine moves and steers and lifts fine. Any ideas what to look at next?

Thanks in advance

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
Make sure the line going to the 3 point is connected to the power beyond port of the new valve.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What does it do when the diverter valve is turned back to three point only? :confused:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's sounding like you have a three point issue.

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Will the 3pt try to lift while you are raising the main boom?

Cardinal

Jun 7, 2017
Central Connecticut
No the only thing that will raise the 3point is full throttle, it will not pick up weight. I changed out the diverted valve for another used unit and the problem persists.

kbrothers

Equipment
b2150 HST loader/hoe
Dec 1, 2013
Ebensburg,Pa
Cardinal,I have a B2150 that came with a backhoe When I took the hoe off the 3 point didn't work at all; found theconnecting rod to the three point piston broke(this is under the top transmission cover)Relaced it & still wouln't work replaced seals and O rings in 3 point and diverter valve The only thing I couldn't get apart was the the diverter spool itself Needless to say no 3 point I use a winch on the ROPS to pick up my tiller

glfinman

Dec 18, 2017
oconomoowc,Wi.,USA
I had a discontinued hydraulic control valve (single handle) replaced. Extensive searching, before i joined here, found no replacements. Worn ports on my B2150 so at the suggestion of a service mgr in another city i had it replaced with 2 handle unit. i don't use it alot so 2 handle isnt that much of a big deal.
BUT now the three point doesn't work at all. ????? I am not a mechanic beyond changing filters and oils and gas. comments????

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I had a discontinued hydraulic control valve (single handle) replaced. Extensive searching, before i joined here, found no replacements. Worn ports on my B2150 so at the suggestion of a service mgr in another city i had it replaced with 2 handle unit. i don't use it alot so 2 handle isnt that much of a big deal.
BUT now the three point doesn't work at all. ????? I am not a mechanic beyond changing filters and oils and gas. comments????
See your other post on this issue. ;)