B21 Electrical problem

Jimb21

Equipment
B21
Apr 2, 2011
Paoli, Pa
I bought a used B21 TLB. It runs fine but the hourmeter, lights/flasher/horn, the tach and the fuel gauge do not work. There is an aftermarket hour meter and that works. I checked and replaced all the fuses and still nothing. Is there another fuse behind the dash that may be the problem? Also, I could not get the steering wheel off. I tapped the bottom of the wheel with a hammer to break the seal but I didn't want to damage it. Are there any tricks for that?
Jim

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
I bought a used B21 TLB. It runs fine but the hourmeter, lights/flasher/horn, the tach and the fuel gauge do not work. There is an aftermarket hour meter and that works. I checked and replaced all the fuses and still nothing. Is there another fuse behind the dash that may be the problem? Also, I could not get the steering wheel off. I tapped the bottom of the wheel with a hammer to break the seal but I didn't want to damage it. Are there any tricks for that?
Jim
Hi Jim welcome to the forum.the guys here are a helpful bunch and will be along.In the meantime there is a good search function which if you type in,steering wheel removal,you will get several hits which shoul help!:)
Dave

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
You'll need a steering wheel puller to remove the wheel. I had luck removing my wheel with a small hydraulic jack and chain. Sounds like you might have a ground problem with the electrical try running a jumper cable for a new ground. Did you test with a test light or multi meter to see if there was power coming to the gages and switch?