B20 series hydraulic changeover valve

Michbeck

Equipment
B1181, G23 HD
Sep 29, 2011
Austria, Upperaustria
Hi folks!

My new B1820 has a hydraulic changeover valve on the 3 pt hydraulic block. Can I use this for tipping a trailer with a single acting cylinder? How is the oil flowing back from the cylinder in the tank?

I am not sure if i can use this valve or should use the valve of the loader with floating function for trailer tipping.

Regards, Michael

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If the valve that controls the port (like 3 point control) is Bi-directional then it will work, on a dual action piston you still need to vent off the other side of the piston for it to work, so it would work with your single action piston.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Attached a picture of the valve (it is controlled with the lever of the 3 point hitch).
I do believe that port is not controlled by the three point control, it's just a live port to tap into, you will still need a control valve afterwards.
But by the look of the label I could be wrong, but I only see one port or plug and for that to work I would think it would require 2 ports.

To verify, with the tractor off pull the plug and install a line to go to a bucket, tie the line so it can't fly out of bucket, turn the valve to be a remote, start tractor, if it's uncontrolled it should just flow, if it doesn't flow then try the three point control up should flow fluid and down should not.

Please, let me know what you find out.