B1750HST Drive problem

Treadman

Equipment
B1750HST
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Hi there, my first post so thank you in advance for your help. I have a B1750HST with a 60" mid mounted mowing deck. Don't know the age of the machine but must be pretty old - bought as used tractor several years ago. Everything worked fine first couple of years and then developed loss of power and blowing a lot of oil through engine breather pipe. Had engine top end re-built with new piston (middle one cracked), new rings and injector pump re-built. During this time tractor standing (in dry workshop), for a couple of years. Engine is now running good. Since getting tractor back the drive has been a problem with high pitched grating sound in forward and reverse. Checked hydraulic oil and milky pink in colour but no obvious metal shavings, (or emulsion). Changed out hydraulic oil (Kubota oil) and hydraulic filter. Could not clean out strainer as nut siezed up and did not have tractor on ramps to get proper access. No real change. PTO works fine and mower deck drives ok. Lift works some of the time but not always. Forward and rear rocker speed pedal sometimes no response at all, other times high pitched grating sound (sounds alarmingly like metal on metal), accompanied with tractor lurching backwards. Forward doesn't seem to work at all. Appreciate advice on what problem might be and if any checks I can carry out to narrow down problem. Spent quite a bit of money already on engine and injector re-build so just wondering how serious this could be? many thanks......

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Sounds like the strainer is plugged. You need to remove it and clean or better yet replace it. If it will not loosen, strike it with a medium sized hammer a time or two, then unscrew it. Should take a 26mm socket.

Treadman

Equipment
B1750HST
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Thanks very much. I'll see if I can jack it up and get some blocks under and get better access to the strainer nut. Have a 26mm socket and ring spanner and will try to free it off. Thanks for your help.