B1750 Injector Leak

Treadman

Equipment
B1750HST
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
Hi there, after a mechanic worked on my B1750 engine I have a diesel leak from the middle injector. Leak is at the arrow in the photo. Compression washers are new and no sign of leak at injector rail
Kubota B1750 Injector Leak.png
. Diesel slowly seeps at connection at the arrow after a few minutes running. All connections are good and tight. What do I need to do to fix this? (Mechanic who worked on the engine no longer available, so will need to fix it myself). Thanks, Treadman

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi there, after a mechanic worked on my B1750 engine I have a diesel leak from the middle injector. Leak is at the arrow in the photo. Compression washers are new and no sign of leak at injector rail View attachment 109024 . Diesel slowly seeps at connection at the arrow after a few minutes running. All connections are good and tight. What do I need to do to fix this? (Mechanic who worked on the engine no longer available, so will need to fix it myself). Thanks, Treadman
As a minimum will need to replace compression washer(s) and properly torque.

Difficult to do as tough to get tools on hex heads due to proximity of other injectors at pump. Will probably need to remove all 3 pressure lines. Depending upon which injector is leaking, may need to remove one or both others to service.

Should you need replacement injectors, I have a NOS set of three Kubota injectors for a B1750 that I no longer have plans to use.

Good luck.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
#1 there is no injector rail, that model has injector lines and a return line.

Someone has really messed up the nuts on that injector.
The mechanic being no longer available is probably a good thing!

There is no compression washer at that point in the injector, it's a taper fit seat and your very unlikely to get it to seal looking at all the damage on the nuts.
Get new injectors, and yes replace all three at the same time.
Either take SDT up on his offer for sale of injectors or get them from Oregon fuel injection

Treadman

Equipment
B1750HST
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland
As a minimum will need to replace compression washer(s) and properly torque.

Difficult to do as tough to get tools on hex heads due to proximity of other injectors at pump. Will probably need to remove all 3 pressure lines. Depending upon which injector is leaking, may need to remove one or both others to service.

Should you need replacement injectors, I have a NOS set of three Kubota injectors for a B1750 that I no longer have plans to use.

Good luck.
Hi SDT, thanks for response. Yes, I would be interested to buy your 3 B1750 injectors. Can I contact you directly. Thanks, Treadman

Treadman

Equipment
B1750HST
Mar 24, 2018
Ireland

There is no compression washer at that point in the injector, it's a taper fit seat and your very unlikely to get it to seal looking at all the damage on the nuts.
Either take SDT up on his offer for sale of injectors or get them from Oregon fuel injection

Thanks North Idaho Wolfman. Yes, unfortunately the 'mechanic' didn't do a great job. I've had to fix a lot more than this injector.........thanks for your advice. I'll get 3 new injectors. Regards, Treadman

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi SDT, thanks for response. Yes, I would be interested to buy your 3 B1750 injectors. Can I contact you directly. Thanks, Treadman
Yes.

I'm not familiar with PM but if you send me your email address, I will respond with my phone number.