B1750 Front Axle Seal/Gear Case Seal Replacement

B1750HST

Equipment
B1750, BX1500
Sep 15, 2015
Emmitsburg, MD
The left front axle seal/pivot point on my B1750 started leaking a few months ago. The tractor doesn't get used hard but slowly what started as a weep turned into a drip and I decided today to do something about it.

I have all the bolts, steering linkage, and tie rod end disconnected but I cannot figure out what is holding this thing on to the front axle. I've watched a couple of Youtube videos of a similar axle design repair, but he never actually went into taking them apart that I've seen, mainly shows them apart.

I'm thinking of calling the Kubota road service from the local dealer and having them finish it up.

Is there a trick to this? Nothing seems to budge when the bolts are removed and since all surfaces seem to be "sealing" surfaces I don't want to go prying on anything. I have gently tapped with a rubber mallet, etc. but no movement from anything.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
First step is to obtain an illustrated parts schematic from online. Try Kubota's website or some of the online parts places.

Second step is to get past this and order a hardcopy illustrated parts manual or print one off. Makes all the difference and well worth the effort and cost.

A WorkShop Manual is almost mandatory if much work is planned.

To your problem: I think you'll find an internal snap-ring has to be removed. I say 'think' because I'm not absolutely certain your machine is like mine. Back to that illustrated parts manual. You may have to hook a seal and ruin it to get it out; plan on replacing all 'wear' internals except bearing(s) itself assuming it's not damaged.

Please post back your continuing experiences so we may all learn.

B1750HST

Equipment
B1750, BX1500
Sep 15, 2015
Emmitsburg, MD
First step is to obtain an illustrated parts schematic from online. Try Kubota's website or some of the online parts places.

Second step is to get past this and order a hardcopy illustrated parts manual or print one off. Makes all the difference and well worth the effort and cost.

A WorkShop Manual is almost mandatory if much work is planned.

To your problem: I think you'll find an internal snap-ring has to be removed. I say 'think' because I'm not absolutely certain your machine is like mine. Back to that illustrated parts manual. You may have to hook a seal and ruin it to get it out; plan on replacing all 'wear' internals except bearing(s) itself assuming it's not damaged.

Please post back your continuing experiences so we may all learn.
You were right about the snap ring. I ended up having Messick's come out and do it because I didn't have time to mess with it. Had all the drawings and perused the shop manual at another local dealer but with work and kids I just figured I'd call it in. Now it has all new bearings and seals on the LH side. Thanks for the info. I plan on doing the RH side if it ever needs to be done, now that I know how it works.

TicoTraveler

Equipment
B1750 HSD
Dec 16, 2022
Redding, Ca.
You were right about the snap ring. I ended up having Messick's come out and do it because I didn't have time to mess with it. Had all the drawings and perused the shop manual at another local dealer but with work and kids I just figured I'd call it in. Now it has all new bearings and seals on the LH side. Thanks for the info. I plan on doing the RH side if it ever needs to be done, now that I know how it works.
I also am working on a B1750 left front axle seal. I have the repair book and the detailed parts book with pictures. I see the internal snap rings in the diagram. Getting to them is the question. Did the whole bevel case need to come off to access them? If so, how was that bevel gear case removed? I have all the bolts out and used a putty knife to start separating it from differential housing. But can’t get it to come off. From the diagram it looks like the snap rings can be accessed once the bevel gear case is off.

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
I also am working on a B1750 left front axle seal. I have the repair book and the detailed parts book with pictures. I see the internal snap rings in the diagram. Getting to them is the question. Did the whole bevel case need to come off to access them? If so, how was that bevel gear case removed? I have all the bolts out and used a putty knife to start separating it from differential housing. But can’t get it to come off. From the diagram it looks like the snap rings can be accessed once the bevel gear case is off.
When I replaced the axle pivot seals on The B2410 in order to save me a lot of time, pinched fingers and a fair amount of cussing..... I invested in a set (8 pieces) of snap ring pliers. Best freek'n $30 ever spent working on the tractor. Harbor Freight