Auto Throttle Advance

Ridger

Equipment
L3940 HST
Nov 26, 2014
North LA
My L3940 HST has an Auto Throttle Advance lever. Move it to "On" and the HST pedal responds by increasing or decreasing the speed and engine RPM, much like pressing an accelerator. Move it to "Off" and the HST pedal keeps a constant speed and the engine RPM must be increased by the throttle lever. I'm just curious if you have this on your tractor, do you keep it in the "On" or "Off" position and in what situations would you use it? Thanks for your time.

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
You would have to keep it off if you were using a pto item and needed constant rpm.
Or digging with the fell and you want/need power.

On if you were just driving around.

Sure others have more info

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
I prefer "old school" and use the throttle by hand. Both work well but I get fine control WITH power when I don't use the Auto Throttle. It's just a taste thing for me Bc I was raised on a 1952 Massey. Plus I have power the way I want it when using the FEL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Auto throttle is nice when both hands are busy like one steering and one raising and lowering a landscape rake. You can use the manual throttle to set a lower limit for the rpm.

It has to come off for PTO use and also when dpf filter needs regeneration, rpm has to remain high regardless of task. You can also get a steadier slow speed for inching into tight spaces

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I leave the auto throttle advance on at all times. I generally manually advance the throttle to 1500-2000 so that I am not at a low idle for the dpf. When mowing with the pto, manually advance throttle to required pto rpm and the auto throttle doesn't do anything.
It's great for loader work, putzing around, and running on the road.

Technical Ted

Equipment
L3560/cab LA805 loader LandPride RCF2060 rotary cutter, HLA hyd angle snow blade
Jul 2, 2016
Dansville NY
I've got a L3560 and only use the auto throttle advance (so far anyways) when I'm plowing snow. I like it then because when letting off on the foot pedal it allows me to lower the blade at lower hydraulic pressure/speed and helps keep it from banging the blade into the driveway so hard.

Ted

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
On L3560 HST I usually use auto throttle for road travel or similar longer distance travel. Have used auto throttle a few times for post hole work. For box blade work, or brush hogging and front end loader work I have little use for it.