Attaching backhoe hydraulic hoses

Kub25D

Equipment
BX25d, Front Snowblower, boxblade
Oct 9, 2013
Kemptville, Ontario
Hello,

I am trying to switch my 25D over for summer and I am having a problem.

I cannot get the backhoe hydraulics to connect. All three hoses are the same, they will not go in far enough for the ball-bearings to snap back in place.

I can reattach the loopback on the tractor no problem so I figure it must be pressure in the backhoe lines. I jiggle the backhoe controls through all positions and no change.

Any ideas on how to release the pressure / attach the hoses?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Loosen the quick couplers at the ends of the hose. That will relive any pressure behind the fittings.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Because of the pressure the fittings will turn hard so don't be surprised. Also make sure you have good tight fitting wrenches so you don't round over the fittings.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
I know that many here will want to hit me in the head for saying this. The first thing I try is to hit the center of the flat fitting with the ball of a ball peen hammer. If there isn't to much pressure, it will squirt just a little oil and release. If there is to much pressure, just break the fitting at the most available part of the hose.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I use a short 3/8" socket extension and a hammer to pop in the buttons on the female fittings. Works great!

Kub25D

Equipment
BX25d, Front Snowblower, boxblade
Oct 9, 2013
Kemptville, Ontario
Hi again,

Thank you all for your suggestions. I managed to loosen the quick connects and then connect them to the tractor. I took them off again, tightened them up and reconnected them to the tractor.

All nice and snug.

One problem; the hydraulics didn't work.

I took off one of my extenders and tried to put it back on, same problem so I loosened the connections for the original hoses. After that it all went smoothly.

Thank you very much for your advice. I know people like pictures so here she is, ready for some summer work.

Attachments