ASBug's B7001

asbug

Equipment
B7001 - looks orange to me... Woods 5' scrape, 42" rotary cutter, shreader/chip.
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
I LOVE MY B7001.
I have been shreading limbs, and using my new to me screw wood splitter.
I can split a large pickup truck load in about 40 minutes, and it beats the heck out of the old hand maul / wedges.
So far I have split about 8 truck loads.
I still have a tree (oak, 80' trunk, 30" diam.) and 1/2 of another to cut/split.
The limbs are gone, just the trunks left.
I'll get some photos later, but I just wanted to share my joy.
KC

Last edited:

300zx

Equipment
1979 B7100D, 2009 ZG20, 1991 B2150, 1990 B6200
Dec 1, 2010
Forest, VA
Wow, 8 pickup loads, that is a pile of wood. I am concerned that you aren't getting enough exercise without swinging that maul!! LOL! Sounds like you and the screw splitter have come to terms and you can use it safely. Stay careful.

John

Last edited:

asbug

Equipment
B7001 - looks orange to me... Woods 5' scrape, 42" rotary cutter, shreader/chip.
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
Wow, 8 pickup loads, that is a pile of wood. I am concerned that you aren't getting enough exercise without swing that maul!! LOL! Sounds like you and the screw splitter have come to terms and you can use it safely. Stay careful.

John
Yep,
I have an healthy fear of this thing.
It is no more dangerous than my chainsaw though.
I'll get some photos of this thing over the weekend.
Right now I have the shredder all hooked up to shread some more small unsuspecting trees...
KC

asbug

Equipment
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
Been awhile since I posted, just have been enjoying everyone else's tales.
I am still in love with my tractor!
I got a GB brand FEL used from someone here on the site and that makes the tractor WAY more useful.
Also sourced some new shoes for the tires and it is way less kidney jarring w/o the rotten rice patty tires on it (belts were breaking internally and splitting - 36 y.o. tires).
I had left my tractor at my friends house for like 6 weeks after helping him grade off an area for a shed and drove up a little apprehensive as to whether or not it would start after being left out in the weather. (Yeah I know, but I have been busy.)
Any way long story short, it was almost dark when I went to get it, and it fired right up just like it had been ran the day before.
I was worried about the fuel pressure bleeding off or 100 other problems, but this thing is extremely well made.
Just wanted to share,
KC

Sledge

Equipment
B7001, Big B 4ft topper
Sep 17, 2012
Gloucestershire UK
Hi Asbug. Since getting my 7001 in August I've been amazed at the work it can handle. Mine looks like it's a bit younger than yours, (no idea how old) but it came with no tacho, dash lights, ROPS, the front wheel drive lever snapped off, etc etc but I'm working through all that and am still very happy. As posted elsewhere I've been giving her a full service and will soon bed her down in the shed for winter. Almost tempted to give her a nosebag to show my appreciation. :eek:

asbug

Equipment
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
Hey man, I am interested, I'll email you later for details.
KC

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
hey sledge, i have a lot of 7001/7100 parts from previous projects here, if you need any parts ,i maybe able to assist you, drop me a line.

sorry for the thread hijack asbug....;) looks like you're on a mission.:);)

rob

asbug

Equipment
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
Not a problem fellas, just reminded me I need to update...
I cut down 3 38" red and white oak trees (+ 1 meter diameter), on Saturday.
Had to cut the logs into 4-5 ft. chunks to move with the tractor.
Graded off an area last summer for a 12X24 ft. portable shed to be brought over from our old place. got it all installed and then used the tractor to clean out all the heavy stuff in the garage and haul it to the portable shed....
Finished about 11PM on Sunday (started again after church).
So, I was able to my car in the garage for the 1st time since we moved into the new house almost 3 years ago. YEA! I'm beat, but there was no way in heck I could have done all that moving w/o the FEL and the tractor.
Still in love with the B7001.
KC