Arps Model 22 FEL Repair

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
My built-for-Kubota Arps Model 22 loader has seen some abuse. It was skewed and twisted, I think from someone hitting something with it, the bucket lower lip has a 1" gradual bend in the centre of the cutting edge, and the cross members between the arms were both badly cracked at the welds. We started with the arms, and I had some help from a buddy who is a professional welder, as my work isn't good enough for something like this.

First we cut out the crossmembers, ground out the cracks and welded in new material in the holes. Ground the welds flat, then welded reinforcing plate along the arms. Then we reattached the cross members and added some little gussets. I need to have some work done on the cylinders yet, rebuild the bucket, and then repaint the whole thing (already have the new decals) and then she's better than new.

We loosened the tower braces and put some force on it to push the bolts in their slots to partially correct the skew. The front attachment bracket is bent, and until I fix that, this minimizes the problem.

Attachments