Are Kubota “build it” on line prices current?

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a BX2816 snowblower for my 2380. I have a quote from my local dealer of $4,000.00 for one with the 2819 electric chute controller. I’m assuming this is an installed price due to the email wording. They stated that this price includes a discount for my buying the tractor from them. When I go to the Kubota website that lets you “built it” on line, the pricing comes out about $100.00 less than my “discounted” quote. I will install this myself, so hopefully get some sort of credit for that. Just doesn’t seem like much of a “discount” if the on line pricing is correct......

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
I bought same exact blower last year. Bought it at the same time I bought tractor, it was in june. Mine was 4300 all in, which for me was the front hitch and mid pto kit, hydraulic rotation, hydraulic deflection. The dealer didn't list costs individually, so I can't really tell how that breaks down. Hope it helps.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Current build prices online are pretty close. Just 'built' an M7 151 for 170,000 bucks. My dealer has one on the lot and the build it price and his asking price are close. Kubota offers 0 percent financing on them btw, if any of you want one...

skypros

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 2, 2018
Bend, OR
I asked for pricing advice for the front end snow blower in the "buying advice, Recommendations and pricing"
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41987
It has been a week with no response.
I am glad that I seen this post as at least I have an idea on the pricing
Mine was priced as a minimum cost (no hydraulic rotation dealer said that was about $800 but could be added at any time).

Old fart

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 10, 2019
Elk, Wa.
I asked for pricing advice for the front end snow blower in the "buying advice, Recommendations and pricing"
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41987
It has been a week with no response.
I am glad that I seen this post as at least I have an idea on the pricing
Mine was priced as a minimum cost (no hydraulic rotation dealer said that was about $800 but could be added at any time).
Well the electric chute rotation control adds another $406.00, so that puts us in the same ballpark. I just can’t see where I’m getting any kind of discount. I emailed the dealer with some questions about the pricing, but no response as of yet. They’ve pretty much got us over a barrel on this stuff. There are plenty of options on 3 point implements, but not on this.....

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Well the electric chute rotation control adds another $406.00, so that puts us in the same ballpark. I just can’t see where I’m getting any kind of discount. I emailed the dealer with some questions about the pricing, but no response as of yet. They’ve pretty much got us over a barrel on this stuff. There are plenty of options on 3 point implements, but not on this.....
You can always shop around and get quotes from other dealers?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Other dealers are at a prohibitive distance and the added travel and/or freight would probably negate any savings......
Even with that, it would still answer your question of wether the local dealer’s price is out of line. A couple of simple phone calls goes a long ways to finding out. I know, some people are scared to actually call someone and ask a question nowadays, they rather email then blame them for not getting to it. However, I have found a few minutes on the phone can get much quicker and better results.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on a BX2816 snowblower for my 2380. I have a quote from my local dealer of $4,000.00 for one with the 2819 electric chute controller. I’m assuming this is an installed price due to the email wording. They stated that this price includes a discount for my buying the tractor from them. When I go to the Kubota website that lets you “built it” on line, the pricing comes out about $100.00 less than my “discounted” quote. I will install this myself, so hopefully get some sort of credit for that. Just doesn’t seem like much of a “discount” if the on line pricing is correct......
No definitive data but I expect that the Build It suggested prices are current.

Kubota would be asking for problems if out of date.

That said, my experience is that most dealers will quote full list prices for options/accessories and implements (aside from rotary cutters, which are much more competitive). Most (all?) will also add installation and delivery charges.

SDT

jhschlak

Equipment
BX 1880
Apr 5, 2011
Sharon Center, Ohio

Mine was $2376 back when I bought it may of 2017. This was with the hand crank and not hydraulic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kubota BX 1860

Equipment
BX 1860, oops, traded it for a BX2370
Jun 23, 2011
Raymond, ME
Buying one of these tractors is akin to buying a car--the price is never firm. I think $100 difference isn't too bad, actually. I bought something for my BX--can't remember exactly what--and the dealer quoted me $3000. When I went back the next day he said $3400. I reminded him of what he'd told me just 24 hours prior, and he came right back down. If anyone is not happy with the price, and insists on a discount, we can always exercise the prime right of the consumer--we can walk. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Best of luck.