Apparently....

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Thankyou Traildust. I haven't done much lately but I have done a lot of shooting in the past. I even went so far that I have my own shooting range for about anything you want to practice with. It a one of a kind with steel targets all over it.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Thankyou Traildust. I haven't done much lately but I have done a lot of shooting in the past. I even went so far that I have my own shooting range for about anything you want to practice with. It a one of a kind with steel targets all over it.
Please don't tell me you shoot skeet! It would bug me to no end that I can't afford to tavel to Georgia :(

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Please don't tell me you shoot skeet! It would bug me to no end that I can't afford to tavel to Georgia :(
I have a place that one of the little clay throwers can sling a double that will fly over a 100 yds. A single will fly between 125-150 yds. I don't shoot them much but it sure is fun. I got into target rifle and pistol shooting pretty heavy. Of course If it wasn't for the fact that bullets are so hard to get now long range shooting is a blast. You should see some of the looks I have got when I bust a 12 oz coke can at 900 yds with a 223.

I'll have to get some pics of my range to you when we get it cleaned up and all the steel painted back. The winter was hard on the targets. They look bad with rust on them. It takes a while to get the whole thing done though, I have 56 different steel targets that range in size from a one inch circle all the wat up to 3 life size and life like silhouettes. Part of it is just for 22 cal and the other will and has took up to a 500 Smith. It's not bunched up either, I take up 150 yds long and about 50 yds wide. It's pretty cool.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I have a place that one of the little clay throwers can sling a double that will fly over a 100 yds. A single will fly between 125-150 yds.

Well, that really blows and now I'm sad :(

I really really want to go to Georgia now, damn!

I do enjoy picking off targets that can only be seen with a scope, or like in the Army days, a spotter with powerul bynoc's to see the target for you and voice over the adjustments needed to hit the target.

But for some reason I absolutely love skeet. I used to go to a range several years ago and the serious guys had over unders that cost twice as much as the cars they have.

I couldn't spend that kind a $$$'s and just used a side by side and I had lots of fun :D

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Yeah, I have seen guys like that myself. A man don't have to have all that stuff to have fun. All you need is a shotgun that you can hit with.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
You boys were awfully bored this morning between the hours of 12 and 5am. Why the hell yall not in bed with the wives???

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
My computer don't talk back and my old lady ain't going anywhere.
After 22 yrs If she ain't left by now she ain't going to.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Damn dont say that! My mom and dad divorced after 28 years together because pops was glued to the computer 24-7 talking to other women around the internet about our problems here at home.

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
Eric, been there, done that, and they didn't help at all. Too worried about their own problems to give a damn about mine. Otherwise they just wanted to flirt and cause problems.

With what I've been through recently I can honestly say you have to be very careful about who you trust on the Internet. Shooting the bull is one thing, but real friendships are hard to come by anywhere let alone in Forums and Chat rooms.

There's also a forum for every interest you could possibly have. Motorcycles of every kind, boats, cars, welding, machining, Specialty metal lathes, hunting, and gunsmithing. All things I've been and still are involved with.

It always seems as though interests wane and people move on, but never really make that contact a good local club can generate.

Maybe I'm just too cynical at this point.

There are some good people here and I must admit I'd like to have a beer with a few and discuss other things we have in common. Maybe one day.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Ya know I've often thought how cool it could be to have an OTT meeting party somewhere to have some beers with the other fellas on here and share tractoring story's and tips.

On the flip side of this would be a location for the event since this is a world wide forum and it seems the majority of us live in the US and Canada.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Eric,

I went thru the same thing with my parents They divorced after 20+ yrs also.

A big OTT get together would be a cool event. I don't imagine it would have a very good turn out though. Every body lives so far apart.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I have a really bad ass Beeman. It's got a big scop and velocity of a 22 cal to sling lead accuratly across my property. I have hit many an unfortenate squirral in the kill zone at a distance they were not visable without the scope. My aerosal will be about the same distance. Safe with a really good show :D

Nice Beeman. I have one but it is the .177 cal. The fps is only 800 and muzzle force like 7.6 lbs but I have killed more than 35 squirels with it with no prob. I like the accuracy and stealth of air rifles. That Beeman 25 cal is something I would like to get some day. That is one bad boy. :D :D :D :D