Anyone use the Snow Edge?

08quadram

Equipment
bx2350d; Taylor Way 48" tiller; Farm King 50" snow blower
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
As my title states, does anyone use the Snow Edge from Ratchet Rake? I know I don't have a sacrificial edge on my bucket and the original wear edge is showing signs. I use it on asphalt, concrete, and some gravel, but usually only after its packed down and frozen. Since our snowfall in the last several years seems to be on the downside, I spend more time with the bucket than using the blower. Seems like a pretty economical solution.
Thoughts?

thanks

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I bought a 5’ snow edge some years ago for my previous tractor with a 66” bucket. I used it for one season before getting a larger tractor / bucket. It worked well, was well made, and goes on and off easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

hockeystewey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2017 BX1880 w FEL, 54"MMM, 2019 BX2816 50 " snowblower
Dec 12, 2017
NY
I have a snow edge on my bucket on the front of my BX. Its awesome. I love it. Its built like a brick S#$t House and easy to install/remove. if needed.

Good Luck !!!

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
I use this for ~$80. It's HD urethane, works great for clearing snow on asphalt.

Attachments

08quadram

Equipment
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
I use this for ~$80. It's HD urethane, works great for clearing snow on asphalt.

I like that. My loader is a Woods and the bucket doesn't have holes already drilled in it and I don't have access to a mag drill. Might take awhile. to get those holes drilled.

Dchemphill1

Equipment
L3901
Jun 9, 2016
Fort Calhoun, NE, USA
I have had great luck with my edge tamers. I put 3 of them on my L3901 bucket (one on each end and one in the middle) I can drop the bucket down and engage float mode....push snow off gravel pretty easy. It works well for getting mulch off grass as well...keeps you from digging in.

Best part - you don't have to drill into the bucket....these are mounted with bolts tightened down on large washers to pinch to the bucket.

08quadram

Equipment
Apr 28, 2014
strawberry point, ia
I have had great luck with my edge tamers. I put 3 of them on my L3901 bucket (one on each end and one in the middle) I can drop the bucket down and engage float mode....push snow off gravel pretty easy. It works well for getting mulch off grass as well...keeps you from digging in.

Best part - you don't have to drill into the bucket....these are mounted with bolts tightened down on large washers to pinch to the bucket.

My drive is all asphalt and concrete. I don't like leaving a layer of snow on it if at all possible. Doesn't take much sun if the asphalt is showing to melt it off.

Chilliwack Murray

Equipment
B7510 with loader and BH4672 backhoe, JD400 industrial Backhoe, B6100.
Jan 8, 2019
BC, Canada

Where did you get these from?

Jblac197

Equipment
L3800, bush hog, tiller snowblower
Aug 21, 2018
Hibbing
Have you considered edge tamers? They go in and off very easy and work great
As my title states, does anyone use the Snow Edge from Ratchet Rake? I know I don't have a sacrificial edge on my bucket and the original wear edge is showing signs. I use it on asphalt, concrete, and some gravel, but usually only after its packed down and frozen. Since our snowfall in the last several years seems to be on the downside, I spend more time with the bucket than using the blower. Seems like a pretty economical solution.
Thoughts?

thanks
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jrleslie

Jul 13, 2017
St. Louis, MO
We are expecting 5" tomorrow overnight, not enough time to order anything, but plenty of time to waste on a "one-time-use" item in the garage this evening, right? ;)

I'm thinking of using a strip of corian from a backsplash I took out. I scraped up my asphalt pretty badly with the bucket earlier this year. In all fairness, I got lazy and left the Piranha bar on. Not smart!

The Corian isn't urethane, but it is a plastic-base material. Think that will be tough enough to do the job but not so tough as to destroy the asphalt?

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
We are expecting 5" tomorrow overnight, not enough time to order anything, but plenty of time to waste on a "one-time-use" item in the garage this evening, right? ;)

I'm thinking of using a strip of corian from a backsplash I took out. I scraped up my asphalt pretty badly with the bucket earlier this year. In all fairness, I got lazy and left the Piranha bar on. Not smart!

The Corian isn't urethane, but it is a plastic-base material. Think that will be tough enough to do the job but not so tough as to destroy the asphalt?
Go easy, see how it reacts, I'm betting it will be fine. Some guys will use a piece of oak from a pallet, a piece of composite deck material, you name it. Should all work, just a matter of how long it will last.