Anyone added third function valve toon my 2150 to work B2150?

kbrothers

Equipment
b2150 HST loader/hoe
Dec 1, 2013
Ebensburg,Pa
Could never get 3 point on 2150 to work Bought it used with bucket and hoe a while back Was thinking of adding cylinder to pick up 3 point to use a tiller Any ideas? Thanks Ken

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It sounds like your trying to make an external three point setup, can't be done properly with a third function setup.
Just get the three point to work, it's not that complicated of a system to fix.
And just about any fix would be better than the cost of a third function setup alone.

Swanny

Equipment
B2150HST w/ Greens Machine thumb, Woods RM660 mower, Curtis plow
Sep 5, 2017
Solebury, PA
Assuming the hoe runs off the tractor hydraulics, not a separate PTO pump, then the hoe hydraulics likely connect in series between the loader valve(power beyond) and the 3 point. The factory setup on the B2150, with a factory loader, is the 3 point gets its pressure from the power beyond port on the loader valve. That said, once you take off the hoe, you'd need to connect the two hydraulic ports(tractor side) together in order for the three point to get pressure. PLUS....on many subframe mounted hoe's, operating the 3 point with the hoe installed is a bad thing, so there may have been something done to disable the 3 point. OR....last but not least, there could genuinely be something wrong with the 3 point. Oh....reminds me, be sure to open the valve under the seat. It controls the speed of the 3 point, but I'm pretty sure if its turned all the way in one direction, the three point doesn't work at all. Hope at least something I've written helps.