Any photos of Kubota back blades?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I am looking for a 4' blade for my 7100, and have run across a Kubota blade a couple of hours away. The seller is in the hospital right now, so it will be a little while before I can go look at it. Naturally, I am curious about it, and can't find any photos of Kubota blades anywhere. Anybody know much about them, if they are sturdy, and if $200 is a reasonable price, if the blade is in good condition?
Mark

asbug

Equipment
B7001 - looks orange to me... Woods 5' scrape, 42" rotary cutter, shreader/chip.
Feb 11, 2011
Varnell,GA - USA
I just got a used Woods 60" and it is a beast, but the B7001 handles it great.
I like it because it can be articulated in all 3 axis.
KC

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
I bought a made in China no-name blade for about $300. It has 5 position tilt and 6 position swivel for pulling or pushing. Standard 3 point class 1 hitch.
There are pictures of it in my album.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Well... back to the original question- anyone with any photos of a Kubota 3 ph scraper blade?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I have had a King Kutter blade for 6 years now and its held up well. Except for the fact I bounced it off a manhole cover plowing the streets and I put a kink in it. Agri-supply had a store here in Virginia. If you dont mind making a day trip there's one over in Petersburg Va I'd say about a 3 hour drive one way. And believe me 3 hours is close because a cousin of mine used to work at that location and he was telling me he had customers come down from PA to shop at that store.

It's about 160 bucks to pick one up in store. I cant see you spending 100 bucks in fuel going to pick it up yourself unless you own a diesel truck.

Last edited:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
You are missing my point, Eric. I am interested in the Kubota blade. I have the same question posted on mytractorforum, because I would like to see a photo of one. The responses that I have gotten are that they are not the heaviest made blades, but not light duty, either. A $160 blade has to have some compromises somewhere- if this Kubota blade is built for at least medium duty, then I think it will work well for $200. Northern Tools also has an inexpensive blade, but I have no doubt that it is a light duty unit, which I suspect the one at Agri Supply is, too.
I would rather spend a little too much on a well built blade, than save some money on a marginal one. And, I do have a diesel, which gets 20+ mpg, which I think is pretty good- by the time I drive to Petersburg and buy the $160 plus tax blade, and add in fuel, then I will be over the $200 mark.
Unless someone chimes in and says that the Kubota blades are junk, then I am leaning that way. I just want to see what one looks like, and how it's built.:)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I found a blade 3 miles from the house, for $80. It isn't heavy duty, but for the money, it will work well for me. It is plenty strong enough for the 7100.
Now, what next?

lahoyer

Equipment
B7100 and a bunch of attachments
Nov 12, 2010
Danbury,Wisconsin
I have an original Kubota backblade that I use occasionally. It is well built and serves my purpose. I'll try to get a couple of pictures of it at noon and post. It was made by someone else but has Kubota's name on it. I'll get that too and post.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Here are a couple of pics. It is a Kubota blade made by Special Products Co. of Golden Colorado. This blade probably dates to the early 70's
No way! Thanks for the photos- they helped me a ton! That Kubota blade is a dead ringer for the one that I just bought for $80! It had a different name on it (couldn't read it), so I imagine that Special Products made them for other companies, too.
I have wondered if I should have gone to look at the Kubota blade, in case I missed out on something. My blade is identical to the Kubota blade in the photos.