Any new B3350's?

CaptainDan

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2017 B2650
Apr 24, 2017
North Bend, Washington
Howdy all. Found this form doing some research for a new purchase. Anyone have any experience with any late 2016 or early 2017 B3350's? I've read plenty about the initial problems but would think they have to be ironed out by now...

The closest dealer in Issaquah, WA I called for a quote said they don't even sell them because of the "notorious problems". The dealer I bought my Sany 75C excavator from has two in stock so I sent them a message for pricing.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Howdy all. Found this form doing some research for a new purchase. Anyone have any experience with any late 2016 or early 2017 B3350's? I've read plenty about the initial problems but would think they have to be ironed out by now...

The closest dealer in Issaquah, WA I called for a quote said they don't even sell them because of the "notorious problems". The dealer I bought my Sany 75C excavator from has two in stock so I sent them a message for pricing.
Avoid the B3350 like the plague!!!!
They do not do well in cold climates.
You could have nothing but problems, with no relief in sight!

What do you think of the Sany Excavators?
I've been looking at those from afar!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have an opinion, pretty similar to NIW's, but as far as actually knowing what Kubota has done to solve the problems in the most recently manufactured units, I don't think there is anyone here that has that info unless one of the Kubota techs has access to recent bulletins that outline changes. Whether they work or not is too soon to tell.

Tractors sitting on dealer lots now could be more than a year old. Some folks have done fine with them, but cold weather and high power demand on the tractor can cause trouble. The design is complex, and one thing out of kilter can cause the regen cycle to malfunction. In that general size range are several nice models that don't have that problem. B2650, L3301, L2501, L3560.

CaptainDan

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2017 B2650
Apr 24, 2017
North Bend, Washington
Avoid the B3350 like the plague!!!!
They do not do well in cold climates.
You could have nothing but problems, with no relief in sight!

What do you think of the Sany Excavators?
I've been looking at those from afar!

This is along the lines of what I've been reading. I was thinking it may have been like the early DEF / DPF / SCA pickup trucks that had all sorts of problems in the first batches. He'll even Cummins has been having a hell of a time with that new 5.0 in the Titan. 1st year always seems to have issues.

The Sany has been great. I was a little skeptical at first but was looking originally at used units with a couple thousand hours for the same price point. Decided to give it a shot. Only 200 hours in but so far so good! Quiet, smooth, starts every time. More hydraulic power than machine weight. After sale customer service on the dealer side is lacking so far but I have plans to address that on a trip to China later this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myb3350

Equipment
B3350 JD430 Moline BG and BF
Jul 4, 2016
meridian ms
I have a 2013 B3350 cab, I think it was the fist year made the B3350, has all updates, I live in the south warm weather, tractor has been perfect, flawless so far.

TDB3350

Equipment
B3350
Mar 13, 2016
Menomonie, Wisconsin
My father in law bought a B3350 2 years ago. He has never been around tractors much. When I looked up this model up I was surprised at all the emission issues. It gets used for snow blowing and bush hogging. Has 70? hours on it. Never have had any issues. I do have to remind him to keep the rpm's up. Sometimes he forgets and idles the engine too much. Its located 40 miles south of Lake Superior.

TDB3350

Equipment
B3350
Mar 13, 2016
Menomonie, Wisconsin
It has a cab on it and is used with a loader or snow blower. Couple things I don't care about it is the throttle. Is real springy, hard to set a specific rpm. The other is the hydrostat speed control lever? on right side of seat. When its used it vibrates with a obnoxious hydro noise.

MikeBo

Equipment
B3350,and a GX110
Mar 22, 2015
Stilwell
My 15 3350 has been flawless...yes flawless. I have never had a regen problem...not one.

kubotan

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3350C, FEL, Pallet fork, Backhoe, Back snowblower, Rear Mower, Box scrapper
Apr 20, 2017
St-Jerome, QC, Canada
jorush.ca
Been 2 months since I ride my 2017 B3350. No problem so far. I always rev it up and make it work as hard as it can. (that's why tractors has been made ;) )

Had 1 regen at arrival. 15 minutes after delivery, the regen light popped. Parked it and let it go for about 30 to 45 minutes. I think the guys at dealer ran it really slow prior to sending it to me...

Second regen happened at 27 hours. Was mowing 4 feet grass on somewhat steep hill and just kept it revving up. No problem, no loss of power, no nothing except for the regen light staying on for about 15-20 minutes.

I had great concerns about the B3350 I just bought when I found posts like this. The dealer told me not to worry about it and I went forward with it.

Just keep it revving like hell and everything will be fine. I really love mine, it works real great and can go everywhere I need it to go.

Last edited:

Myb3350

Equipment
B3350 JD430 Moline BG and BF
Jul 4, 2016
meridian ms
Great tractor i Was Cutting grass on my 2013 B3350, I knew I was getting close to a REGEN ( wish the b3350 had a percentage meter) well the REGEN light indicator on the dash panel came on, so I hit full throttle and let it rip, then I looked at my fuel indicator and it was down to one bar, well that made Me very nervous, just kept working the tractor and watching the fuel gauge, after 20 minutes light went out, another successful REGEN ( 30 hours between REGEN) love my B3350 with cab. Flawless so far.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Do you have any idea how much fuel per hour you use? I have a B2650 and I don't know, but my L3560 says 0.4 gal per hour.

Glad to hear of more happy B3350 tractor owners. :)