Any Grapple lovers?

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
My opinion: The 50" is plenty, go with the EA one.

Congrats on the new machine :thumbsup:
Thanks Kenny, One of the advantages of going with the Land Pride unit is that they can roll the cost into the 0% 60 month financing deal. It's also no heavier than the EA 50" unit and the brush I'll be moving will be at least 62" wide. I also like the double hydraulic cylinders vs the one centered cylinder on the EA unit. I know they're both quality products.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
Love my grapple. One of the handiest tools I've got. I have the Rake Master root grapple (72"). They are probably too heavy for your tractor; a 54" coming in at 700 lbs.

Good luck with your purchase I'm sure you're gonna love it.
Thanks for your encouragement but shouldn't you be called FSU Kubota Man. :)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I made my grapple very similar to the LP model.
My L handles it fine, but wouldn't want a smaller tractor.
It's going to be a bit taxing on the tractor, that's a lot for a B to handle.
Get a ballast box and put 300 to 500lbs in it, that will help keep things stable.

Attachments

dacuna

Equipment
MX4800 with LA1065 FEL, LP PD25 post hole digger, LP BB2575box scrapper, LP RCD1
Nov 12, 2014
Wichita, KS
I have an LP SGC1060 on a Kubota MX4800 and it works great. I do use a boxblade on the back in addition to 400lbs of wheel weights in order to keep the rear end from lifting.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
I made my grapple very similar to the LP model.
My L handles it fine, but wouldn't want a smaller tractor.
It's going to be a bit taxing on the tractor, that's a lot for a B to handle.
Get a ballast box and put 300 to 500lbs in it, that will help keep things stable.

I think you're right. They're both good products but it seems the EA unit will give me more of what I need. In addition to picking up brush and debris I need to get at roots and rhizomes and that wicked grapple looks like the ticket. Drawing from the experience on this board is amazingly helpful. I do intend to use some serious ballast.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
Just need to share some pictures of my new and favorite attachment. Really happy with the workmanship and speed of delivery. I put it through its paces without doing any work but will soon be working it hard. So easy, just plug and play. Everything Attachments 50" Wicked Root Grapple.

Deesil

Apr 12, 2015
Mims, Florida
I went with the sgc0660 from land pride and couldn't be happier with it I like the 3rd function better than the WR long kit and I like a grapple to close in tight for single trees and logs. Each design has its advantages but the LP is better for me.

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
I went with the sgc0660 from land pride and couldn't be happier with it I like the 3rd function better than the WR long kit and I like a grapple to close in tight for single trees and logs. Each design has its advantages but the LP is better for me.
LOL, I went back and forth between the LP and EA models. I think my choice is going to be good for me also. I have large piles of bamboo and brush that need moving. Both are really good products, and let's face it, any grapple is better than no grapple.

I'm working on smooth control of all joystick functions. The whole thing is a little jerky but I'm sure that's just me

hurleyhuckster

May 19, 2015
Kingston, NY
Looks sweet! I have the 3rd function as well and just waiting to pull the trigger on the exact same grapple. Just waiting for a round of bills, need to pay the mortgage first….LOL!

Bamboo, thats funny. I feel our pain. I am making piles and leaving them until I get my grapple! :D

How easy was the ordering process? Anything peculiar about the b2601?

I am trying to think of someone I know with a loading dock!

You got me jonesen now, gonna have to order mine on Mon..hahaha

MXBX

Equipment
B2601
Jun 20, 2014
Maryland
Looks sweet! I have the 3rd function as well and just waiting to pull the trigger on the exact same grapple. Just waiting for a round of bills, need to pay the mortgage first***8230;.LOL!

Bamboo, thats funny. I feel our pain. I am making piles and leaving them until I get my grapple! :D

How easy was the ordering process? Anything peculiar about the b2601?

I am trying to think of someone I know with a loading dock!

You got me jonesen now, gonna have to order mine on Mon..hahaha
I know the feeling!

I actually ordered mine before the Tractor arrived. I spoke to Travis at EA and sent him a picture of how the hydraulic lines terminated. He recommended that we add a few inches to the lines on the grapple and told me to request male and female 1/2" Pioneer couplers. I had been thinking of flat faced couplers but they're another $75-$80 and Travis felt it was overkill.

They sent the grapple with YRC a common carrier and I went to their freight terminal to pick her up in Landover, MD. They loaded the grapple on my truck and off I went. It's another $100 or more to get it shipped to a residence, farm, ect. I was expecting to get the grapple in 10 -14 days but got her in less than a week. They under-promise and over-deliver.

I just wish they had an ORANGE option but the BLACK is nice too.

p.s. Don't forget to grease her up before playing. Mine came dry.

Last edited:

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
I just wish they had an ORANGE option but the BLACK is nice too...
Given a choice, I'd pick black -- seems more appropriate for that monster!

Now I'm going to have to work on my Irish accent so folks will think I'm green from Irish instead of the cardinal sin... <drool>