Another remote valve question

Fedup

Apr 6, 2016
Winchester
I still haven't gotten around to all the issues on the M125X. Today's question involves the detent valves used on this and probably other M series tractors as well. I'm assuming the pressure at which the valve cancels and returns to neutral is adjustable. If one adjusts that up, in the attempt to raise the working pressure before the valve cancels, is there a point where the valve won't cancel and start creating heat within the detent mechanism? Also would raising this pressure make the valve spool movement harder to operate?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I still haven't gotten around to all the issues on the M125X. Today's question involves the detent valves used on this and probably other M series tractors as well. I'm assuming the pressure at which the valve cancels and returns to neutral is adjustable. If one adjusts that up, in the attempt to raise the working pressure before the valve cancels, is there a point where the valve won't cancel and start creating heat within the detent mechanism? Also would raising this pressure make the valve spool movement harder to operate?
No the detents are not adjustable.

So the rest of your questions become a mute point.

But just for the sake of an answer, no it wouldn't make it harder to operate or raise the heat enough to even notice.

Fedup

Apr 6, 2016
Winchester
If they are not adjustable, is there a spec for the pressure under which the loaded circuit can continuously operate before the valve should cancel?

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
The remote valves are strange on a Kubota, or at least the ones I use they are. I use the #1 for my baler tailgate. At high idle I have to hold it to raise the gate. At about 1500 it will lock back at raise it on it's own and kick out when the gate tops out. At low idle it will lock but won't kick out when the gate it fully raised. #2 valve works as it should but when it's locked in float I have to jerk the crap out of it to disengage.

My friends 8540 the valves are very smooth but if you lock them in float position it has down pressure instead of float. Dealers told him that's how it's suppose to be but I call BS on that one. He actually runs a hyd powered sprayer with his in the float position.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The remote valves are strange on a Kubota, or at least the ones I use they are. I use the #1 for my baler tailgate. At high idle I have to hold it to raise the gate. At about 1500 it will lock back at raise it on it's own and kick out when the gate tops out. At low idle it will lock but won't kick out when the gate it fully raised. #2 valve works as it should but when it's locked in float I have to jerk the crap out of it to disengage.

My friends 8540 the valves are very smooth but if you lock them in float position it has down pressure instead of float. Dealers told him that's how it's suppose to be but I call BS on that one. He actually runs a hyd powered sprayer with his in the float position.
Mine are the same Bulldog. Must be a M9 trait. Same on both the Os and the cab but the OS has the flow control segment between the 2 valve bodies, which I hardly ever use.

Fedup

Apr 6, 2016
Winchester

If it won't release at low idle I have to wonder if the system is reaching the required pressure? Do you hear the system relief valve and the engine grunt when the gate tops out?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If it won't release at low idle I have to wonder if the system is reaching the required pressure? Do you hear the system relief valve and the engine grunt when the gate tops out?
It'll pull the engine down but most of the time it won't kick out at low idle. Been like that since new. As far as the hyd system goes everything works as it should. If anything it has to be feathered so to speak because it's almost to fast for some task.