Another LED headlight bulb ?

mrtraktr

Equipment
2006 L3430 (Red) 1950 Massey TO35
Jan 1, 2016
Michigan
Wondering if anyone has done a search for an LED replacement bulb for this type of headlight bulb. It's out of my 2006 L3430. It has both high and low beams. The number on the bottom is 61U and it is a 12v25/25w.
The sad thing is, this bulb was a working bulb when I took it out of the tractor for pics. But while doing so dropped it on the kitchen floor and shattered it to pieces :confused: So now I really do need a replacement of some sort.

Attachments

RedTailHawk

Jan 6, 2013
Capon Bridge, WV
Wondering if anyone has done a search for an LED replacement bulb for this type of headlight bulb. It's out of my 2006 L3430. It has both high and low beams. The number on the bottom is 61U and it is a 12v25/25w.
The sad thing is, this bulb was a working bulb when I took it out of the tractor for pics. But while doing so dropped it on the kitchen floor and shattered it to pieces :confused: So now I really do need a replacement of some sort.
I've got the same year and model tractor. This is what I installed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151819895408?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

There isn't a hi or low beam, just one beam (probably equivalent to hi beam). That's fine because I just installed LED work lights on my ROPS. I don't even use the tractor headlights because it reflects off the bucket. The main reason I changed out the bulbs (headlights, turn signals, brakes) is because LED bulbs have a much lower electrical draw, thereby making room on the system for the LED worklights (at least that's the theory so I won't have to upgrade the alternator).

mrtraktr

Equipment
Jan 1, 2016
Michigan
Thanks a bunch RTH! Much appreciated. And I agree on the draw. That is the same reason I am wanting to go to the LED's as well. I have added LED lights because I do most of my snowblowing at night after work. Not only are they nice and bright but they have less draw as you stated. I use the LED's while I am doing the snow removal. But I also am on the road going to and from my parents place and don't like to have all the worklights on while traveling to and fro. So these should work great for the headlights and for oncoming drivers as well. :cool:
Have you had these for very long? Wondering what kind of life you can expect on them? Looks like they come 2 per order?

RedTailHawk

Jan 6, 2013
Capon Bridge, WV
Thanks a bunch RTH! Much appreciated. And I agree on the draw. That is the same reason I am wanting to go to the LED's as well. I have added LED lights because I do most of my snowblowing at night after work. Not only are they nice and bright but they have less draw as you stated. I use the LED's while I am doing the snow removal. But I also am on the road going to and from my parents place and don't like to have all the worklights on while traveling to and fro. So these should work great for the headlights and for oncoming drivers as well. :cool:
Have you had these for very long? Wondering what kind of life you can expect on them? Looks like they come 2 per order?
I installed them recently (took me forever to find LED bulbs with the flange so they won't push through into the headlight assembly), but LEDs usually last a long time. I rarely use the tractor headlights so they should really last a long time.

mrtraktr

Equipment
Jan 1, 2016
Michigan
Ok sounds good. My headlights won't see allot of use either. But at the moment I am a one eyed bandit : - )

Rodnok

Equipment
B7100hst, MMM, Box Scraper, FEL make unknown, adapted and resurrected from junk
Dec 28, 2015
chattanooga, tn
try superbrightleds.com. They have pretty much any led light you could need.

mrtraktr

Equipment
Jan 1, 2016
Michigan
I ended up going with a pair of "SUCOOL High Quality 16 CREE 80w LED" which are a motor bike / scooter / atv / car LED bulb. They fit like a glove and are also very bright and have both high and low beams. Not sure on the amp draw vs the 25w factory bulbs but should be less from what I have read here. I will post a reply after I have put some hours on them as far as quality and longevity. Thanks again for all the replies. Greatly appreciated!

RedTailHawk

Jan 6, 2013
Capon Bridge, WV
I've got the same year and model tractor. This is what I installed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151819895408?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

There isn't a hi or low beam, just one beam (probably equivalent to hi beam). That's fine because I just installed LED work lights on my ROPS. I don't even use the tractor headlights because it reflects off the bucket. The main reason I changed out the bulbs (headlights, turn signals, brakes) is because LED bulbs have a much lower electrical draw, thereby making room on the system for the LED worklights (at least that's the theory so I won't have to upgrade the alternator).
I was wrong. There is a hi and low beam on these bulbs. They work great. Way better than the stock bulbs.