albino buck

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep I read about it, while Im not sure if I would have taken it myself,,,,, yeah I'm sure :D
This critter was they figure 7+ years old and was way past his prime. Was it pretty sure it would be neat to see, I have seen some piebald does years ago but never a pure albino. And they were neat to see, but yeah I would have taken one. People have made threats against his life and all kinds of stupid stuff. He took the buck in fair chase so its all good, in MHO that is

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Yeah I saw it and Cape has had several white deer over the years, I pass on quite a few deer depending on a lot of factors, I doubt I would have shot it, but it doesn't bother me this man took it.

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
I believe Wisc. has passed a law protecting albino deer. It was legal game where it was killed, don't see the issue.
I've never seen one and doubt I ever will. If I did see one, I would not put it down, but that's just me. I'm not a trophy hunter.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
They have had a few sightings up in northern arkansas near the Missouri border. Also know some folks that have seen them in vermont. Did see a piebald doe crossing the pasture behind the house a couple years ago.

Coworkers been chasing a 14pt monster about a mile from the house. I almost got pics of it last weekend but the neighbors dogs scared it off before I could get the camera turned on. :mad: did call my coworker though and tell him he might as well pack it up, since it was headed towards down town :D

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I have been fortunate and have seen several albino animals in the wild.:cool:

I have seen an albino porcupine in 65 in the Nash Stream Forest in northern N.H. my dad killed it with a stick.:cool:

I
have seen an albino doe in 88 near Solen Me. I let it go.:cool:
I have seen an albino black bear in 94 near Mt. Cabot in northern N.H. I let it go.:cool:
I
have seen an albino woodchuck in 03 in Limerick Me. These are truly mythical creatures, I watched it turn into buzzard bait right before my eye! :eek:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have seen an albino woodchuck in 03 in Limerick Me. These are truly mythical creatures, I watched it turn into buzzard bait right before my eye!

Yeah a 52gr .223 at 4000fps will do that,,,lol

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
Kinda sounds like you east coasters have a monopoly on the albino thingys

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Kinda sounds like you east coasters have a monopoly on the albino thingys
I don't know about a monopoly but I have spent allot of time in the woods and mountains.

I have seen an albino porcupine in 65 in the Nash Stream Forest in northern N.H. my dad killed it with a stick
I was fishing with my dad behind the the Nash Stream Bog dam. There was a bounty on them at the time because of overpopulation and damage to the timber industry. The dam broke in the spring of 69.

I have seen an albino doe in 88 near Solen Me. I let it go.
Was hunting with 5 other people. Two others saw it including one of my brothers.

I have seen an albino black bear in 94 near Mt. Cabot, (correction - it was Mt Carrigain), in northern N.H. I let it go. Was hunting with my cousin. Later on, people from "away", who were using the hiking trails began to feed it because it was cute and it became a nuance and was finly put down.

I
have seen an albino woodchuck in 03 in Limerick Me. These are truly mythical creatures, I watched it turn into buzzard bait right before my eye! :eek:

Woodchuck are a favorite hobby of mine, the more the merrier! This one was purely by chance. A coworkers property had become over run by them and the party was on.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Woodchuck are a favorite hobby of mine, the more the merrier! This one was purely by chance. A coworkers property had become over run by them and the party was on.[/QUOTE]

Granparents used to live across the road from us. Used to get woken up every morning by my grandfather shooting at a wood chuck. We used to here the gun, then the phone would ring and grams would say wood chuck two, gramdpa nothing. This went on till friday, when I was thoroughly ticked off by getting woken up. Went out about 10 minutes before gramps did with the 30-30. Just before gramps shot, I did :D scared the living crap out of gramps, and I had piece and quiet :D:D no more wood chuck problem

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I've seen a albino doe before but never a buck, I killed a albino ground squirrel about 25 years ago.

rob82

Equipment
2012 BX25
Jan 18, 2013
Monroe,NJ
I have seen 2 piebald doe's around by me in the last 3 years. My son said he saw a piebald buck a mile up the road a few weeks ago. He got a picture of a doe on the trail cam behind his house about a month ago.
Theres a preserve upstate NY above Seneca Lake that has all white dear. Theres a story online about them. I have seen them a took pictures.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Unless myself or my family was starving, I would've just watched it, video'd it and been amazed. It's very cool.

WingNut

Equipment
L2850 Kubota c/w Loader
Feb 29, 2012
Northern Ontario
There's been reports of a piebald moose around my neck of the woods, but why would anyone want to kill a one in a million animal.
I hunt for meat on the table, and a 2 -3 year old is perfect, I don't agree with trophey hunting - if that's all you want take a picture.
You can't eat the hide or antlers.
Besides I thought it was illegal to sell any part of a wild game animal, in Canada anyway.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
I've never seen an albino deer and can't recall if I've ever heard of anyone around here that has. I found this picture from 5 years ago that was a sight to see, a little off topic but an awesome picture. The bird feeder was on a steel feeder hanger. Momma bear bent that thing right to the ground to show her cubs how to get a easy meal. Needless to say, we don't have any more bird feeders on the property Sao they would rather chew on my blueberry plants :rolleyes:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Now there would be bird feeders on my property just before and during bear season :eek::D:p my wife had mentioned she wants a bear rug :D:D:D

Thats a cool pic, had some friends in florida that have had them come into there screen rooms before. They were watching tv, dogs started going nuts. Looked up to see one stairing at them on the other side of there sliding glass doors. :eek: There neighbor hood was constantly over run with nuisance bears. People were getting there cars torn up and pool rooms trashed because they weren't disposing of food and trash properly.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
There is a lot of them around here. A long time ago MA banned the use of dogs for hunting bear. Most of the guys with bear dogs went to Vermont to hunt instead, leaving the population to grow out of control. These three are still around, we have a few old Apple trees on the property and they love to snack on them. It's funny, one tree has really sweet apples, the other tree is on the sour side. The critters go right for the sweet apples first and leave the sour ones for winter.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
There is a lot of them around here. A long time ago MA banned the use of dogs for hunting bear. Most of the guys with bear dogs went to Vermont to hunt instead, leaving the population to grow out of control. These three are still around, we have a few old Apple trees on the property and they love to snack on them. It's funny, one tree has really sweet apples, the other tree is on the sour side. The critters go right for the sweet apples first and leave the sour ones for winter.
I thought the use of dogs was banned in vermont too :confused: I know gowing up there, bought the only thing you could use dogs for was coons. I may be mistaken in that, but no one I knew used dogs for bear. Course it could have been regional too. I only hunted on the west central side of the state where I lived.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
I thought the use of dogs was banned in vermont too :confused: I know gowing up there, bought the only thing you could use dogs for was coons. I may be mistaken in that, but no one I knew used dogs for bear. Course it could have been regional too. I only hunted on the west central side of the state where I lived.
It's been a long time since I've hunted so honestly I don't know. I do recall running into some guys in Vermont that were running dogs and following them around with radio transmitters. I love Vermont, always hunted up there with my grandfather. Somerset was our stomping ground, there is some big deer out in those woods. It's a really big area so it was tough to stumble across the deer, usually saw more moose than anything.

I always preferred hunting Vermont, you can use a rifle and Hun on Sunday. In MA it's shotgun only and no hunting on Sunday's :rolleyes:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I have never heard of no hunting on sundays :rolleyes: have heard of shotgun only. In vermont it depended on the area. Most places were use what you brought. But in around the citys there were places that were shotgun only. We had 100 acres up in Ripton. Surrounded by national forest and IP lands. So we had 2000 plus acres to hunt on, with only two hunting camps above us. Didn't get bothered much. I haven't hunted in five years now. Can't get used to deer hunting with out snow and wearing a light clothes