After market filters for L4600 HST

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Daniel,

Same reason the L3800 came without the right-hand hand-hold on the fender: $$$. They cut as many dollar corners on "frill" items as possible to compete with John Deere. All the inside stuff is fine. Even the Dino oil is great for break-in and in aircraft engines, its required for break in. After break-in, you can switch to synthetic.

Number 9,

Let us know your experience. I can't wait to hit 200 hours as my tractor is beyond loud running UDT. I have 30 more hours to go....

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
From my understanding ,Kubota uses UDT from the factory, so if SUDT2 works a lot better with hst why would a company use a inferior fluid when they KNOW they have a fluid that will perform much better . Just to save $20 ? That's really sad :(. especially with KUBOTA's reputation as a top o line company.
There is nothing wrong WITH the factory oil, like most cars from the factory, good oil is there, but synthetic is BETTER, PERIOD. I be damned lf I would trust and buy an off brand oil and save a few bucks on a machine that cost more than a new car!!!

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
I didn't see this mentioned, but there is NO proper aftermarket filter for the HST, at least so far.

ALL of the cheap will fit filters ARE NOT OEM EQUIVELENT in that they are missing the magnet that is part of the filter design as specified by Kubota.

If a aftermarket will fit filter is too cheap to include the magnet, what other design deficiencies are there inside the filter?

OEM equivalent aftermarket / will fit on air, engine oil and hydraulic filters may, or may not be ok, do you really save that much over the factory filters to risk it? I mean if you can save say $5 a filter, that means that you have saved a whole $25 on engine oil filters for a 1000 hours of use..... just saying, seems like false economy in my book!

David

Daniel262

Equipment
2013 L4600HST, landpride mr1572box scraper, woods rotary blade , johndeere forks
Jul 6, 2014
Burlington, WI
Well I just changed my oil and the three filters and I must say that the vacuum method worked Great :D I was skeptical about it and was prepared for the worst but I only lost the fluid that was in the filters. My shop vac hose fit nice and snug in the fill hole and did not suck one drop into it.
I actually was able to wipe the surface off where the filter seals and inspect it without rushing :) just thought I would let others know who are contemplating using this method. I did not plug the vent tube either.