Adjusting side to side movement on 3 point

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
They are the original Kubota turnbuckles. I just have always refered to them as check chains. Actually that is what they are called in the Kubota manual also.

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
KUBOTASAM: Thank you for the information. You have confirmed three important pieces of information.

1) Where the Check chains should be.
2) The 3 point is probably Factory.
3) The year of manufacture is 1977.

I wonder why they changed the shape of the 3 point arms? That question may never be answered!

Do you have any problems getting the check chains tight on the 1977 B7100? I have had a busy week at school so I was unable to work on it last night. Maybe I will see about it tonight.

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
You can actually see both the straight and the curved arms in B7100's PDF parts list. The straight ones are shown in the larger picture and the curved ones are off to the top right.
To get the checkcains/turnbuckles tight I usually put a wrench on it and tighten as much as I can without causing damage. I have thought of replacing the rod that the 3 point arms mount to with a longer one and putting spacers in to make the angle of the checkchains greater. However the farther out you put the ends of the checkchains the greater the chance of bending the rod.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
There is nothing in the parts manual that shows lift rods the same as in the photos.
dave
The lift arms are different, also. Look at the tabs on the straight arms (you can't see them on the bent arms, but look at the orientation of the clevis on the end of the stabilizer)- they are flat/horizontal, not vertical like in the photos. I still believe that the 3 point hitch on jrslick's tractor is aftermarket.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
From what I gather from the diagram it has a US version and a Canadian version. The Can. is the one with bent arms. The arms are the biggest difference I can see. Besides that, the draw bar hitch seems to be a drop hitch and the part where the stabilizers hook to the tractor is a one piece design instead of a 2 piece like the US version. Reguardless of the difference between the two they share one thing in common, the stabilizers are to the inside of the lift arms.

Unless it does turn out to be a gray tractor I believe Hodge is correct, the 3pt is aftermarket.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I guess that whether they are original or aftermarket is a moot point. The OP can either try to adjust things to make the turnbuckles work better, get a shorter set of turnbuckles, or I can make him some telescoping stabilizers.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
I don't mean to hijack the thread but i kinda have the opposite problem. My new L3800 is a b.... To change implements on. There is only an inch or so clearance between the tires and the adjusters. Once in place it doesn't move at at, which I like, but man it's tough to change implements.

I'm looking to buy a quick attach for it. Anyone have a good or bad opinion of these? I've never had to use one.

Thanks Ben.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I don't mean to hijack the thread but i kinda have the opposite problem. My new L3800 is a b.... To change implements on. There is only an inch or so clearance between the tires and the adjusters. Once in place it doesn't move at at, which I like, but man it's tough to change implements.

I'm looking to buy a quick attach for it. Anyone have a good or bad opinion of these? I've never had to use one.

Thanks Ben.
If your arms are that close to the tires, then you might have an issue with the width of your implement.
Can you turn the hitch pins to the inside?

Benhameen

Equipment
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
On my box the inside of the pins measures 30" and My blade is only 27". I have noticed other implements with pins pointed inward. But I thought it was only needed if using a quick attach. Wouldn't it require me to adjust them a lot everytime I attach the box if I turn them inward? I know for sure that I will have to turn them around if it get the quick attach.

All of my implement are old nothing new. The box was conferted from a cat 2 to a cat 1. So that I could use it with this tractor.

What's the opinion of the quick attach?

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
The quick attach... Once it is all set up, it's, " how did I ever do without it". BUT, heres the problem. Allmost every implement has a different spaceing and with the quick attach, they all need to be the same dimension. I had to modify every one of my attachments except 1. But , on some of them, I don't even have to get off the tractor, I can pick up and drop off without leaving the seat. You will really need to learn cat 1, 2, and 3 dimensions really good. The top pin and lift pins are different on each one. There are bushings at TSC to slide over cat 1 pins to make them cat 2 size.

Benhameen

Equipment
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
The quick attach... Once it is all set up, it's, " how did I ever do without it". BUT, heres the problem. Allmost every implement has a different spaceing and with the quick attach, they all need to be the same dimension. I had to modify every one of my attachments except 1. But , on some of them, I don't even have to get off the tractor, I can pick up and drop off without leaving the seat. You will really need to learn cat 1, 2, and 3 dimensions really good. The top pin and lift pins are different on each one. There are bushings at TSC to slide over cat 1 pins to make them cat 2 size.

Thank you, for the reply. Your response is exactly what I was looking for. Good and bad, I figured there would have to be some type of modification to make them all fit. My JD was cat 2 and I used the sleeves to change everything over, except the box. I talked to a local guy that has had his Kubota for some time now. He said the. Same thing that most I his had to be modified to fit, but once he did, he loved it. I'm going to stop by on my way to work in the morning and check his out.

Thanks again...

Benhameen

Equipment
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
If you can't get the side to side movement out of it now I don't see where a QH will change anything.
I stated in my original post that I have the opposite problem. It's a b.... To get in there and change implements, once its connected it doesn't move at all. Only about an inch clearance between the adjusters and the tires.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I stated in my original post that I have the opposite problem. It's a b.... To get in there and change implements, once its connected it doesn't move at all. Only about an inch clearance between the adjusters and the tires.
I think you should figure out why it is so tight- that is at max width. Your arms shouldn't be spread so wide when the implement is attached.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I was thinking about the original post that did have trouble with his implement moving. Sounds like your problem is using implements that are simply made for a bigger tractor. Since you are working with different width implements this http://www.pats3pointhitchsystem.com/page/7229 might work better than a standard QH.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
With the ends in your link Bulldog,do they fit loose on the end of the lower links?
if they do fine as they can self align but if not and the implement is too wide for the arms to remain parallel as in the first post then it may bind in the pick up hooks?
Dave

Last edited:

jrslick

Jan 13, 2013
Clay Center, Kansas
I finally had some time to work on the 3 point this weekend. After taking it apart, I remove the locking nut on the turnbuckles . With this removed, I was able to snug them down tight and the side to side movement is all gone! When I have more time and nothing else to do, I am going to find some shorter turnbuckles and install them so I have some more room to move, if I want to lock the 3 point to one side for mowing or something.

Thanks for the help!