Adding remotes to a B7100

tiger9297

Equipment
B7100HST-D w/ Bush Hog FEL
Jun 28, 2009
Tupelo, MS
I have a B7100 and I want to run a splitter, hydraulic pole saw, and a few other attachments with it, but I need remotes added to the rear of the tractor. I have a loader on it so I've already tapped into the system via the hydraulic block. As far as I know, all I would need would be lines running to a diverter valve (I think that's what it's called), the diverter valve itself, and lines running from the valve to the rear. I'm hearing that this will cost around $800-$1000. Is this amount correct? If so, is there a less expensive way? Heck I figure the tractor is only worth $4-$5k. That would be almost 25% of the value of the tractor.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I would guess your price is to have the work done. If you did the work yourself I'm sure it would not cost that much but hydraulic materials are expensive.

Also it may not be about the cost of comparison to the tractor as much as what it would benefit you. If you are keeping this tractor and getting everything you want and need by adding more ports then the cost is just a start up thing. If your looking at that feature in a different tractor and make a dollar comparison to buying it then your math becomes more significant in comparison to getting rid of it.

To help you figure this out you should have the flow and pressure ratings of what you want to use and compare them to what the tractor can produce. You could find that the tractor has enough or falls short. If it falls short then replacement/upgrading is probably the best money spent.

Just some thoughts from a hydraulic mechaninc. ;) :)

gktilton

Equipment
79 B7100 w/ FEL, Deere 261 Finish Mwr, Woods M4 Bush Hg, Potato Plow, Cultivator
May 5, 2010
Hooksett, NH
Two thoughts, could you add a 3rd spool to your existing valves you use for your loader, and also are you sure you would have the speed you would want from the 7100's pump. I know on my loader the response time is more than a little slow using the pump from the 7100, I have another pump and am considering connecting it to the front PTO if I can ever find a shafter. The tractors hydraulics are plenty strong and it will lift 500lbs easy, but to lift to full height is slow.

The last hydraulic chain saw I used needed about 8gpm, which I don't think you would see from the internal hydraulics. Even a wood splitter at 5gpm would be a stretch I think.

These are just my opinions. I love my 7100 but I think for those type of attachments an external pump would be needed.

tiger9297

Equipment
B7100HST-D w/ Bush Hog FEL
Jun 28, 2009
Tupelo, MS
I guess I could add an external pump, but if I did that, I'd probably just put an engine on the splitter. It used to have its own engine, but the engine died and I was just trying to keep from having one more engine to maintain.

I think the pump on your tractor may be weak. I put a brand new Bush Hog loader on my tractor last fall. I've had it about 14 months now and it works great. It will lift WAY more than the tractor can handle and the speed is very good all the way to the top. Even with weight on the rear of the tractor, this loader will raise the rear tires off the ground without any strain at all. Thanks for the input by the way, and yea, I love my B7100 too. They are STOUT tractors, but still small enough to maneuver in tight spots on my little 5 acre place.

KubotaJohn

Mar 5, 2013
Hastings, Fl. USA
So does anyone know if there is a kit for this yet? I have a customer who wants my 7100 but only if they can install rear remote valves. I called tech support but there is no listing for a kit straight from Kubota, so any aftermarket suggestions minus tapping straight into the loader line.:confused::confused: