Added eye bolts to mower deck

Atomic.Chad

Dec 25, 2015
US
So, after a bit of indecision, I decided to add a couple of 5/8" forged eye bolts to my 60" mower deck. These give me a safe and strong place to hook my chains. The brackets that they are mounted through are 1/2" thick, plus the thickness of the deck. Plenty strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redtoorange

Equipment
B2650, BH77, 63" front mount snowblower, land pride bb,fel
Apr 7, 2017
Ont, Canada
You can hang it up in the wintertime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kubotauser

Equipment
2008 BX24 w/loader, backhoe, snowblower
Dec 2, 2016
Big Rapids
Great idea!
I made a dolly using two of the 12" dollies from Harbor Freight to store it standing up while not on the tractor, but I lost all the oil in the mower gear box. Is that normal, or something could be wrong with my 54" deck for my BX34?

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
That is normal, the oil will leak out of the gearbox vent when you store it that way,

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
The chains are for what? Lifting it for storage? My mower deck is the last implement I have yet to figure out a trick way to store, as I just reorganized my storage area for them and saved tons of room. Good to know about the leakage out the vent, storing vertical could still work if the vent was taken into consideration, kept up in other words? Having forks now, I think I'll lift and rig it to the outbuilding's trusses, keeping it level, using some other lumber to distribute the load over several of them.

Atomic.Chad

Dec 25, 2015
US
The chains are for what? Lifting it for storage? My mower deck is the last implement I have yet to figure out a trick way to store, as I just reorganized my storage area for them and saved tons of room. Good to know about the leakage out the vent, storing vertical could still work if the vent was taken into consideration, kept up in other words? Having forks now, I think I'll lift and rig it to the outbuilding's trusses, keeping it level, using some other lumber to distribute the load over several of them.
I use the chains to lift the deck to clean and scrape it. I store it flat.