a rude awakening!

plumcrazy704406

Mar 11, 2014
toronto
Well, I had a bad tractor day! They saying learning from your mistakes is the best, so I hope I listened!

Flipped the tractor on her side a couple of Saturdays ago and we all survived.

I spent half of the day with the b/h on and the rest without. I have to say, the cab changes the center of gravity a fair bit (especially w/o the hoe). I had another thread asking about mowing a slope and I really do not think I would try it in this configuration. Yeap, took a confidence hit, lol.

Next step, load the tires and see what that gives me. The slope was nominal.
Kinda funny, once it started to go over, I didn't A-drop the bucket or b - try to drive out of it. Am I human??

I (later in the same day) was moving some rocks up a slope |(again a slight slope, but not straight up, slightly on the side angle) and she started to go, dropped the bucket, and worked my way out of that one.

Am I pushing her to much?

I will say, compared to my old mf135, this girl is fast in operation. Another learning curve!

Mbarrette

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota U55, Kubota SVL75, Kubota B3030, Kubota L6060, Kubota ZG21, Kubota L4760
Mar 8, 2015
Creston, BC, Canada
Did the tractor suffer much damage? My first though was glad no one was hurt, then worry about scratches and dents.

Touch wood, I've never experienced even a close call when it comes to tipping. Our farm has a few steep hills, one of which the original homesteader (1918) rolled his tractor over and it took his life.

Maybe that's why I'm on the extra cautious side:D

plumcrazy704406

Mar 11, 2014
toronto
There was minimal damage. Broke the top cab corner and took out the upper rear hazard light. I was also very surprised at how easy it was to right her.

Mactool

Equipment
L3301HST S185 cat425
Apr 17, 2015
Alborn, MN
Wow I am new to the tractor world I have put my skid steer in the scary positions I guess I will be more careful with the tractor.

HJT

Equipment
2011 Kubota B2620, loader, 60"MMM, 60" KK rear blade
Apr 17, 2015
Lewis, Iowa
I have been on slight slope while trying to turn downhill with bucket load of dirt and bucket raised to get ready to dump and had high side rear wheel come a ways off the ground. Made me pucker a bit. Was on my B2620, open station. HJT

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I must have missed it somewhere, what model tractor are you running? I have a L5740HSTC and M8540HDC and both are very stable on slopes.

You may want to consider adding wheel spacers, we put them on our BXs and they are a real improvement especially with a FEL.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Wow I am new to the tractor world I have put my skid steer in the scary positions I guess I will be more careful with the tractor.
Skid steers are only comparable to tractors of this type in small traction footprint, other than that, they are totally different beasts. Skid's will tip over nicely (front to back or side to side) if you get that bucket too high as well, but they don't tend to 'corner over' on the front.

Tractors will corner over all day long. They are only 3 point planer devices. The front wheels are on a pivot that will happily dump you over just like any 3 wheeler will experience, on a front corner. That is why the first clue you get is a small loss of traction on the back tire and if you aren't fast enough in your reactions to turn downhill and get your bucket down, you will be on your side or rolling before you know it.