a rake for my tractor

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
We've had quite a bit of wet weather so far this spring and I haven't always been able to cut grass when I want to. Sometimes it gets a bit long between cuttings to the point where I'm wondering about raking it into piles and picking it up.

What would be useful for raking would be something that I can drag behind my B2620 and would be at least 5 feet wide. Do any of you folks use a rake of any sort behind your tractors and do any of you use any sort of device to pick up cut grass?

eddie

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
They do in fact make a landscape rake for the back of the tractor but I would not recommend it for raking grass up. The tines on the tractor rake are a bit thick and rough and its ideally built to rake topsoil and clear out trash and debris. A tractor rake would more then likely pull up all the grass and leave you bare dirt behind

Last edited:

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
You can get a lawn sweeper, Can be used for leaves as well as grass clippings,Hooks to drawbar.

This one is a 50" wide model from Northern

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
They also make miniture wheel rakes for lawns, look just like a modern hay rake with multiple wheels -- only about five feet or so wide. I have no idea who makes them, or what they cost, but I have seen a few in the last couple of years. They would put your clippings or leaves in a windrow, you would still have to pick them up.

Robert

eddie

Oct 17, 2009
ottawa ontario
thanks for the feedback...I'll keep my eye opened for a hay rake style rake or a lawn sweeper. I know that over the summer I will eventually get on top of the grass situation, it just kind of irks me right now.

cheers
eddie

Orange Tractors

Equipment
L175 w/Woods L59, Allis Chalmers WD
Jul 19, 2009
Butler, MO
Eric,

That's what I had in mind. The price itself isn't so bad compared to a lawn sweeper from Sears, but the $200 shipping seems a bit excessive.

One of these years I might get a sweeper/ rake, but for now I just go back in a couple of days and mow the yard again. This keeps the dead grass from the occaissional late cut from building up.

Robert

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Ive used a four wheeled/tine version of these quite a bit,we call them an "acrobat" turner.
They roll the grass up into a long coil and are ok if you can row in long straight runs but turns and going around obsticles can get messy and you still have to pick it up!
I would much prefer the sweeper as shown in a earlier post.

http://youtu.be/la3su51wsLk
dave

Last edited: