A Perfect Paint Match

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
I needed to repaint my logging arch that I built 9 years ago. I still had some of the original paint left over, so that is what I used. After the second coat of paint, it looked real close to the color of a bracket that was unused from my Kubota snowblower. I brushed two coats right over the original Kubota Orange bracket, and after drying I absolutely can not tell where the original paint ends and the new paint begins. Not even any brush marks.

The original paint used on my logging arch was Rustoleum Allis Chalmers Orange. I have used rattle cans of Orange that was suppose to be a match for Kubota Orange that doesn't match as well as the Allis Chalmers orange.

Just thought I would throw this out there for those that want to match the Kubota Orange. Hopefully a can that is purchased today, will be the same as one from 9 years ago. I will find out next week, as I plan on getting another quart to repaint my set of home made forks.

In the attached picture, when I look real close, the new paint is from the top of the bracket, to the word Equipment on the paint can. This picture was taken in full sun.

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Said before, the Rustoleum Kubota Orange is a dead match for Orange II which is the newer orange and Magic Kubota Orange is a dead match for Orange I, which is the older orange shade. However, like the OEM paint, they will both sun fade after a time, turning a nice Mary Kay pink.:)

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Said before, the Rustoleum Kubota Orange is a dead match for Orange II which is the newer orange and Magic Kubota Orange is a dead match for Orange I, which is the older orange shade. However, like the OEM paint, they will both sun fade after a time, turning a nice Mary Kay pink.:)
You are right about the Mary Kay Pink, that is why my logging arch got a new coat of paint. The can of paint I used was labeled as Allis Chalmers Orange, maybe the new color name is Kubota Orange. The original paint was 9 years old. I will update when I get another quart next week.

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
I used a Van Sickle AC orange on my G5200 deck. It's a pretty close match, just a hair darker. Add some dirt & clippings it's hard to detect. Would bet the RO is the same.