99 b2710 fuel issue

kane1983

Dec 6, 2010
yelm, wa
my b2710 has a random fuel issue. the filter will just run out of fuel. have taken it to a shop, they have cleaned out the tank, replaced the fuel cap, changed the line to the fuel filter, changed the filter, changed the filter assemble, and drilled fuel inlet hole in the filter bigger..... still it runs out of fuel and dies. most of the time it will do it when the temp out side is hot or if the tank is over half full. but once it dies the fuel filter will refill and restart just fine..... once restarted it might do it again or it might run just fine for the rest of the day..... the wierd thing is as this starts to happen if you crimp off the injector return line the fuel flow will return to normal...

SpudHauler

Equipment
RTV 1100 CW-A
Sep 8, 2010
Canada
I had a problem that sounded like your description and it turned out to be the fuel line. I had installed a better fuel filter on my RTV1100 and did not notice the new line was going into a kinked position after making sure it had a nice gentle curve. It would run, stop, re-start and because we couldn't visual see the entire line it took some time before we found the fault. Put a 90 degree elbow in the line and no more problems.