8 Years of Service

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
After 8 years of service I sold my faithful companion in working my property. I sold my Zen-Noh ZL1801 to a co-worker and he is having it working on his property of 8 acres clearing and cleaning up his land.

My Zen-Noh was a excellent tractor and did all of what was asked of it and more several times getting my property in the excellent shape that it is in today. That tractor taught me a lot about tractors and now my co-worker is discovering the tractor life after several years of not having one.

Last Sunday the money changed hands and my ZL1801 becames his and he already has cleared several places of his property of the brambles that seem to grow almost instantly in this part of the country unless you are on top of it.

So before it left I gave it a oil change, drain and replaced the anti freeze and transmission oil and wax and buff the old beast's entire body. So my friend has the tractor ready to go. I am sad that I let it go but since I bought a new tractor last year I could not justify keeping the Zen-Noh. I am just happy that I know the new owner.

Attachments

Michael

Equipment
Mar 11, 2009
It was really hard to let the beast go as it had always started and worked hard for me and was a great tractor. The thing that bothered me was the fact that the tractor was in semi-retirement and I felt that this tractor should be working hard and it is at my co-workers home.

The comment that my co-worker told me today that he had a problem with the tractor, I am thinking oh no, I went through the machine to make sure everything worked perfect and then he says his son is using more then he is and he is jealous. Oh thank god.

I did notice a couple minor issues and one was the new oil sending unit was leaking and I took it back and got another new one and the fan belt needed replacement and I had a spare so the new spare went on also before Burney got the tractor. I wanted to make sure that he did not any issues and I also showed him how to properly start and operate the tractor. I spent a little over 2 hours at his place showing him how to operate and make any adjustments that were needed.

I also included the operators manual (L185) manual the parts manual for a L185 and the L185 WSM manual that I acquired for the tractor and showed him the maintenance schedule that I kept the tractor on.

I have been going through my garage and I still find maintenance stuff I used on the Zen-Noh, new oil, fuel and air filters a new hydraulic screen and o-ring and I have them bagged up to take to work tomorrow and I will give him this stuff as I do not have the tractor and I will have no use for it. My thinking is why pay for something if I already bought it and I do not need it anymore.

I still have a bunch of Kubota parts manuals for a lot of the models that is larger then Kubota books has and if anyone PM's me with their e-mail address I send the manual if I have the model number and if it is a 2 or 4 wheel drive model. These files are in PDF form and are mainly for Kubota tractors that over five years old. I will still make stops in here at least 2-4 times a week to keep up what is happening here.

Last edited:

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Michael, I am impressed! Now you can show him OTT Forum too!

I to have sold my old Kubota's and even gave them books, service recoards and the works. People are very happy to have all this data on there Kubota.

You did a hell of a job guy!!!!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
That is one clean and well taken care of Kubota. I'm sure she was hard to part with after 8 years but it sounds like she has a happy new home. And you know the proud new parent of that Kubota tractor so you can atleast keep tabs on it and know she is taken care of. I am indeed jealious of the new parents of your old Kubota. That is the perfect sized tractor for me and I can damn sure put her to good use myself and make some money for me with her. When the new owner whats to retire her and get rid of give me a call I'd love to have her here on the east coast.

Michael

Equipment
Mar 11, 2009
When I first bought the tractor I was only looking at it has a home owners project worker, kind of like a appliance to help do projects on the property. What really surprised me was the attitude of the tractor, it was ripping through the projects and was doing like it was a tractor twice or three times bigger then it actually was.

When I first bought it I was in the process of tearing own a log cabin barn that had earthquake damage and I used the tractor to bring down the walls along with my dodge truck to haul away debris. The only job that the Kubota could not handle was the original pier blocks, the blocks were 6' X 6' X 6' that were used to build the barn. So a neighbor and I both needed a bulldozer for work around our properties. We dug a pit deep enough on my property and buried the pier blocks. I then moved tons of dirt and fill and smoothed out the area. This area now is where the north side of my new garage stands.

What happened along the way was I become attached to the Kubota and I had worked on tractors when I first went into the Air Force 37 years ago and never got really hooked on anything but to being a mechanic and after I got out of Vietnam I went on to be a aircraft mechanic. I have always kept what I buy in really good shape as my wife's car can attest as this old Plymouth Acclaim has well over 250,000 miles and still runs like a top.

mcsilvium

Equipment
l1801 special
Jun 13, 2010
edinburgh,scotland
Hi,
I'm new to tractor owner world, just bought a kubota L1801 in need of some work and can not find to much info about it.Have no manuals for it , also this model is not listed in most sites .Came across orangetractor site wich prove to be the place for such info.Is this tractor same as L185 ?So far foun it has a Z851 engine.Any help welcome

Attachments

Michael

Equipment
Mar 11, 2009
Hi,
I'm new to tractor owner world, just bought a kubota L1801 in need of some work and can not find to much info about it.Have no manuals for it , also this model is not listed in most sites .Came across orangetractor site wich prove to be the place for such info.Is this tractor same as L185 ?So far foun it has a Z851 engine.Any help welcome
Welcome to orangetractortalks yeah the tractor is basically the same as the L-185 and it has the Z851 which is very close to the Z751 that was used in the L-185. I used the L-185's parts, operators and Work Shop Manual for the L-185 when I had mine. For instance the clutch package was a direct swap out for the L-185 as the clutch on mine went out at 700 hours and I split the tractor and took the parts and found the part number for the pressure plate was the same. So I simply ordered everything and it came in and fit perfectly.

If you want the parts manual you can download the L-185 manual from the link below. I donated a copy of this manual and it is the one I used. Just click on the link below.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=21406

Man that tractor is the spitting image of my old tractor except mine had a after market front end loader. I really would have loved those weights that are on the front tires. On the tires your best bet is to actually check with the nearest local ag tire dealer as a lot of the time in a couple days they can get the rear tires without a problem. The front tires are generally stocked right at the dealers.

Last edited: