7040 3 POINT LINKAGE NOT LOWERING

Benf39

Equipment
M7040SU
Sep 7, 2023
Victoria Australia
I have 2017 m7040 3 point linkage will not lower all of the way, I have opened valve under seat it lowers a little bit. If I tap the position lever on the right hand side next to the hydrolic unit with a hammer it lowers a bit at a time. The draft lever is very hard to push down fully, where the lever connects to the position lever it will not move.

Thanks Ben from Australia first time Farmer first time tractor owner and still learning.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You should get a copy of the WSM for your tractor. I have a similar model in the form of an M6060. Here's the troubleshooting page from the WSM for the 3 point.

Welcome to OTT and good luck with your endeavors. One of my brothers lives in Sydney and I lived there for a year many, many years ago. Great country and great people.

m6060_3pt.jpg

Benf39

Equipment
M7040SU
Sep 7, 2023
Victoria Australia
I have 2017 m7040 3 point linkage will not lower all of the way, I have opened valve under seat it lowers a little bit. If I tap the position lever on the right hand side next to the hydrolic unit with a hammer it lowers a bit at a time. The draft lever is very hard to push down fully, where the lever connects to the position lever it will not move.

Thanks Ben from Australia first time Farmer first time tractor owner and still learning.
Have downloaded WSM
Do I just remove and clean relief valve first?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Have downloaded WSM
Do I just remove and clean relief valve first?
The probable causes aren't listed in any particular order. Match the symptoms in the first column to what you're experiencing and then work through the probable causes starting with the easiest, quickest and simplest. If you look at "Implement does not lower", the easiest and most obvious thing to check first is the lowering speed adjustment valve which you've already done. It's at the bottom of the probable cause list but it should be the first thing on the list if they were ordered logically.

Anyway, good luck with your troubleshooting.