60" finish mower

tjd7869

Equipment
L210
Feb 27, 2014
conneaut lake, PA
looks good, and with each cut you will get more used to the handling and i bet before to long (depending) you just might get it all done withing an hr.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Unfortunately i got a weiney dog that loves to dig up crawfish in the back yard which is about 1 1/2 acres. Little bugger leaves craters. I was mowing in 5th and thats probably all i'll be able to do. I would end up ripping the tires off the mower if i tried to go faster:rolleyes:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Drop the deck another 2" and really put a fine finish on the lawn! :D

tjd7869

Equipment
L210
Feb 27, 2014
conneaut lake, PA
yeah bumps sure will slow you down, have a few spots that like to bounce me. and i think wolfman might be right... going off what i can see in the driveway picture looks like it would not hurt to drop a spacer. i learned the hard way on how low was to low, guy who owned my landpride before me must of had one hella-smooth yard for that setting let me tell ya. im at one and a 1/4 spacer on mine and it looks lovely (just about everything else i used before was just ok)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I ran it on the next to smallest spacer. Didn't want to go to short on the first run, so i could see what it was doing and to give myself a little wiggle room. Figure a little learning curve in there too;) i gotta redo the front weight on the tractor and get rid of the plate steel sticking off the front. Cleaned out one of the fence posts coming around the corner. :rolleyes: forgot the damn thing stuck out so far:mad: that was something the previous owner had put on. I'll pick up some 1/2 plate steel and fab up a bumper for it this winter. Or keep an eye on ebay or craigslist and see if i can retro fit a winch bumper off a jeep wrangler:D

tjd7869

Equipment
L210
Feb 27, 2014
conneaut lake, PA
i had to go back and look at your pictures to see what you were talking about (how did i not see that!). i myself have the issue of having something sticking out the front, currently its a chunk of concrete on a pole that was a sat dish post. literately just today picked up some suitcase weights :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wolfman, :p:p wouldn't have any grass left, but it sure would be smooth;)

Tjd, they use concrete speed bumps for front weights on the county tractors here. Bought run off the road when I saw it.

Eric, got the pin and clevis hook. Just keep forgetting to bring home my 3ft pipe wrench to straighten the plate.
I think the previous owner kept getting high centered on rocks

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Update: put about 50 hours on the finish mower last summer and into fall. Mower continued to work great and did a fantastic job for being a cheap china made model. Pulled it into the garage to check it out, and perform spring maintenance on it. Greased it, check the fluid in the gear box and sharpened the blades.
The blade are on the cheap side. But handled fairly well. A little softer on the metal then I would like. Good news is, the mower takes a universal blade. So you can change the blades to a better model. Just need to know the lengh and diameter of the hole :D So when it comes time to replace them, I'm gonna switch to a better blade :D All said, it's been a really good mower, and with the price around $1000 dollars including shipping it's a really good buy :D