4.5" Wheel Spacers??

hunterhillfarm

Equipment
L3901
Oct 27, 2018
Easton PA
I recently bought a new L3901. I had them set up the ag tires to their widest setting so they have a 39.5" gap between them. I'd like to go a lot wider to fit over my beds. Ideally I'd put 4.5" spacers on the back wheels and 3" on the front. I'm concerned about the torque it would put on the bearings though, esp. in front when using the FEL. Is it okay to use that big of a spacer? Best place to buy them?
Thanks!

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
I can offer a purchase source but no information on the torque. Doubt the supplier would still be in business IF there were countless failures?

It is CRITICAL that lug bolt torque be monitored and maintained within spec at all times.

I did read a post where the operator reported that engine torque to the rear wheels was reduced by the addition of spacers?

Since this is not applicable to any of my tractors, I did not explore the reasoning behind that exertion. ?

Believe the best solution is to PM NIW or hope he sees your post and weighs in on your question.

EDIT: In recalling the torque reduction discussion, believe that operator chose a larger tire diameter and width option in conjunction w/ adding spacers, do not recall the exact specifics. ??

Attachments

Last edited:

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
The front pivots, so other than being wider, there would be no advantage to add them to the front for stability. With a loader, I would not want to add stress to the front.
As to the claim of reduced engine torque? That makes no sense to me.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk