3rd function valve on L2501 with BH

greenacresnorth

Equipment
L2501,BH77
Feb 18, 2018
Morganton,NC
With the abundant rain that won’t stop and a 3 day weekend I figured I would tackle a project I’ve had on the back burner for a few weeks with anticipation of using a grapple that’s being built..... this has been done before but figured y’all would like my spin on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenacresnorth

Equipment
L2501,BH77
Feb 18, 2018
Morganton,NC
Don't mind the ugly welds, ran out of argon for the TIG welder (gas store closed) so had to do everything with 3/32***8221; stick and the big Miller on my service truck.
and the use of adapters is for mockup and proof of concept, got all the fittings ordered today so I can make all hoses with O-ring face (used on all the equipment we service so most fittings and hose/machine on truck) and 2 wire CAT hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
As a remote that's great, as a third function not so great especially for a grapple.

There is a lot of time that you need the ability to roll the bucket and open or close the grapple at the same time, your not going to have that option. :(

greenacresnorth

Equipment
L2501,BH77
Feb 18, 2018
Morganton,NC
As a remote that's great, as a third function not so great especially for a grapple.

There is a lot of time that you need the ability to roll the bucket and open or close the grapple at the same time, your not going to have that option. :(
you are correct, this was more or less a proof of concept to prove that chaining valves into the PB loop will not impede function speed and or introduce excess heat, I have a 3 way electric valve off a crane but need to find some 12 volt coils for it as machine it came off is 24 volt. also working on HED controller based system to give proportional control with a linear controller on the loader stick and control all my lights with a small touch pad plus control calibration and PWM control profiles, eventually would like to add keyless ignition, GPS auto steer and slip indication because why not.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
you are correct, this was more or less a proof of concept to prove that chaining valves into the PB loop will not impede function speed and or introduce excess heat, I have a 3 way electric valve off a crane but need to find some 12 volt coils for it as machine it came off is 24 volt. also working on HED controller based system to give proportional control with a linear controller on the loader stick and control all my lights with a small touch pad plus control calibration and PWM control profiles, eventually would like to add keyless ignition, GPS auto steer and slip indication because why not.
Getting fancy, Isn't adding a valve into the PB loop is what the land pride kit already does with thier 3rd function remote?
https://www.landpride.com/ari/attach/lp/public/manuals/380-153m.pdf

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like you've got too much time on your hands! ;)