3rd Function Hydraulic Hoses

Foggy1111

Equipment
L 3560 HSTC
Jul 17, 2018
USA
Stopped at the dealer today to see how they were coming with adding some options on my new L3560HSTC tractor. I am getting the third function on the joystick to operate my grapple. I noticed that the hoses for this were dangling at the lowest point below the tractor.....and as such seemed quite vulnerable to damage in the woods.

Anyone know?.....can these hoses be run above some of the brackets under the tractor rather than underneath?? It would seem they could thusly be better protected.

Looking for a little quick comment on this....as I would like the dealer to make an improvement here before I take delivery in the next day or two. Thanks!

Foggy1111

Equipment
L 3560 HSTC
Jul 17, 2018
USA
The hoses that are visible on the top side (and side) of the tractor are neat and will do the job fine. BUT under the tractor they seem to be the "low hanging fruit" and are likely (NO - positively will) to get snagged. I got the dealer looking at a solution.....and I am hopeful they can be re-routed a bit to not be as vulnerable.

Last edited:

Foggy1111

Equipment
L 3560 HSTC
Jul 17, 2018
USA
THIS is what is the issue I have with the tractor. https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...bota-3rd-function-hydraulic-hose-img_3637-jpg

I do not want to have to improve on a poor design by kubota. About anyone with half a brain would know that these hoses and fittings will not hold up under real world circumstances......especially in the woods. I am very dis-satisified with this kinda "engineering"......enough that I just may "walk"if they don't come up with a good solution.

I think I may have become throughly pissed off at the slow delivery on this tractor.....and now I see this kind of "plumbing" on the hydraulics. I dunno......maybe it's some kind of buyer's remorse.......but it has me somewhat disgusted.....and if they don't make it right PDQ.....I think I will "walk" on my deal.....and find another deal out there. Sad. I thought Kubota was better than this!!

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Maybe it would be best if you bought another tractor that is designed far more superior, that will meet your expectations! :rolleyes:

GOOD LUCK! ;)

Foggy1111

Equipment
L 3560 HSTC
Jul 17, 2018
USA
Maybe it would be best if you bought another tractor that is designed far more superior, that will meet your expectations! :rolleyes:

GOOD LUCK! ;)
I hope that is in jest...but 'ya know I have been considering just that....walking away from my "deal". :D I don't really think I am asking too much. I'm 71 years old....and I've been around tractors and implements since the 50's and "grew up behind the parts counter at my Dad's Ford Tractor biz". Even back in those times we didn't hang hoses like this. Just saying it like it is.

I realize they are not armor plated.....but you do need to protect certain vulnerable areas on these tractors as MOST of them are operated in brush and around debris.

Offering some degree of protection to the grill and radiator is fundamental on a "utility" tractor....same goes for protecting hydraulic lines. - else wise we could just hang em anywhere.

Those hoses hanging like that are a receipe for disaster.......and IMO it's ill-thought and unacceptable in these times.

If nobody whines a bit....improvements do not come. ;)

Last edited:

Foggy1111

Equipment
L 3560 HSTC
Jul 17, 2018
USA

GOOD LUCK! ;)
Doing a little searching.....I found that LDowney had this very problem on his new tractor just a few months ago. Look at his thread under customization. NOTE: this is located UNDER the tractor and not at the side where most of the posters have responded. Here is some pics of his solution. Perhaps Kubota can copy it or improve on it?
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35701&d=1525044000

Thanks L Downey!

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
You got to realize that
1) The slow and sloppy installation is all on the dealer and not Kubota.
2) The 3rd function you are adding is a Ad On item, not factory installation. Is it a Kubota 3rd function kit or an Aftermarket. That makes a difference on it’s fit and finish.
3) These machines are not skidders, they aren’t designed to be running threw heavy brush.

Foggy1111

Equipment
L 3560 HSTC
Jul 17, 2018
USA
You got to realize that
1) The slow and sloppy installation is all on the dealer and not Kubota.
2) The 3rd function you are adding is a Ad On item, not factory installation. Is it a Kubota 3rd function kit or an Aftermarket. That makes a difference on it***8217;s fit and finish.
3) These machines are not skidders, they aren***8217;t designed to be running threw heavy brush.
No....it IS a Kubota factory 3rd function kit.....or I would not be complaining about it. Hopefully the dealer will find a reasonable solution. They are a new dealer.....and a bit "green" on how Kubota stuff works - perhaps there is a good solution.

I'm not saying it's a skidder.....but those hoses and couplings are the lowest item under the center of the tractor and are going to get ripped off. Look at the pictures by L Downey.....whom just had this very problem (ripped his hoses off and lost his fluid).....and read what is written in his post on this same issue. Not a good set-up.

Kubota ain't alone in some design flaws.....my "old" Deere 3320 had a habit of getting the wires pulled of the hydrostatic pedals.....and the tractor would be disabled.

Sorry if I seem to come off as a whiner.....but to me it seems like a few you guys would defend Orange (how do you spell "fan-boy"?) regardless of the issue. I guess I am off on the wrong foot here. Geeesh....sorry I asked.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Foggy1111,
I'm going to give you one chance to reel it in about 50 paces.
We don't yell, we don't insult people on this forum, period! :mad:

We are not Kubota Corp., we are Kubota owners, Kubota operators, and Kubota enthusiasts.
Calling anyone a Fan-Boy

If you have a problem with Kubota's design let them know it.

Getting on here and complaining about something you don't even own yet, and something that you already know how to fix for, thanks to L Downey, is over the top!
We don't need these kind of posts!

This forum is for education, information, laughs, and help. :)
This form is not here for your personal rants! :mad:
And yes your off on the wrong foot! ;)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'm uncomfortable also. It had been in the upper 90s for a couple of weeks, now it down to mid 60s at night. I am going to have to start focusing on fire wood. It's less than 5 months 'till Christmas!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
My missus always used to complain she didn't know what to get me for presents. Now I have a Kubota, I can easily give her a list of things I need. 5 months should be long enough for me to make the list, drop a few hints, order what I want when the hints aren't taken up, and it still arrive in time for Christmas Day.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
My missus always used to complain she didn't know what to get me for presents. Now I have a Kubota, I can easily give her a list of things I need. 5 months should be long enough for me to make the list, drop a few hints, order what I want when the hints aren't taken up, and it still arrive in time for Christmas Day.
Excellent Idea!
So is it Merry Christmas or Happy Christmas in NZ?

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
I would inform the dealer about how you feel about the setup and stress what enviroment you would be using this in. Unfortantly a lot of these designs are not really change-able without starting over. Not every tractor fits the needs of what a user wants. It why there are other brands. A lot of people go looking at kubota's with high expectation of they got it all "covered." Well there is no way in hell can any manufacture (insert any name here above) can cover everything every user needs.

Your mileage may vary and in your case its on the low side. Best to re-think now and look at other options.

Last edited: