3PTH hitch Blower vs Front snowblower

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
[Sarcastic] Front vs Rear snow blowers has been a real hot topic! So can I expect the same passionate discussion this summer over Mid-Mount-Mowers vs Rear? I'll just lay my claim now that mmm's are better, cause I just bought one [/Sarcastic] :rolleyes:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My experience with the various Kubota-branded blowers is very limited. My B2550 clearly has an add-on speed reduction chain drive and I suspect the same basic design could be/was marketed as a lightweight 3ph blower with a suitable mount.

This does imply that my B2789 3ph blower could be fitted with a similar speed reduction and bolted to the front with a suitable mount. But I don't think I would want that much weight hanging on the front of the tractor, not without a pretty substantial subframe added, anyway.

If Kubota offers a heavier-duty front mount blower for their compact tractors than the one's I've seen thus far, then it might well be worth considering even for heavy use applications. This lookiing over my shoulder for 2 or 3 hours is getting old fast!
Torch

I have serious neck surgery, ie it no longer rotates and so I bought an inverted blower. Essentially a conventional 3 pt blower turned around and you pull it through the snow.

Your existing blower could become an inverted one with a bit of fab work. The B7100 HST with chains can go through the deep stuff with ease.

You rarely look back.

Dave M7040

helicopterjim

Equipment
B7510, front angle blade, rear snowblower, brush mower, rear grader blade
Jan 8, 2019
Rosedale
Interesting topic.I have a home in the Cariboo area of BC. We can get lots of snow but not often is it a heavy dense snow. I have a driveway about 250 meters long so shovelling is out for me.
I have a B7510 with a rear 3ph Kubota blower and a front mount power angle blade. This works great for me as I can use the angle blade to clean up the drive and then the blower to move the snow into the bush.
If there is a heavy snow then sometimes a couple of passes with the blower are needed to open things up before I can clean up with the blade and then a final pass with the blower. Not too much backing up needed and I'm okay with when I do have to back up.
My only dilemma is the neighbours see me at work and then they want their driveway cleaned up too.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD

My only dilemma is the neighbours see me at work and then they want their driveway cleaned up too.

I hear ya. I slowly got roped into plowing too many neighbors ‘while you’re out could you’... 4 years ago I lowered the boom (with notice) that plowing would be $200 per season.
Anyway, I am in the rear blower camp mostly for the ease of switching implements, keeping my loader available, and expense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mainah

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501HST, BLMX3164 blower, BB1266 box blade, BX42S chipper, Titan forks
Feb 26, 2018
Standish, Maine
I hear ya. I slowly got roped into plowing too many neighbors ‘while you’re out could you’... 4 years ago I lowered the boom (with notice) that plowing would be $200 per season.
Anyway, I am in the rear blower camp mostly for the ease of switching implements, keeping my loader available, and expense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I prefer my rear blower for the same reasons. Plus you don’t sacrifice ground clearance.

Kubota BX 1860

Equipment
BX 1860, oops, traded it for a BX2370
Jun 23, 2011
Raymond, ME
I prefer the front mount blower for a lot of reasons, but there is one little problem: when you're blowing in a curve, the rear tires track to the inside of the turn ruining your nice tidy snowblower edges. I suspect this wouldn't happen with a rear mount blower. When I had my walk behind blower I really loved the nicely groomed edges; don't get those any more. But I ain't tradin'.... :)