3pt Log Splitter

Frank minarchi

Equipment
B3200 loader,mower
Sep 24, 2012
Edmonton ab Canada
Thinking of hooking up a 3pt log splitter to my B3200 and was wondering can I hook the hydraulic lines for the log splitter valve up to my backhoe lines in the back? Or we're would I pick up a 3rd fiction on that tractor since those lines are used up for the backhoe when attached . Thanks

barncat

Equipment
L3200HST4X4,66"detach FEL,60"BB,SplitFire30"3pt,KKII,48"Forks
Oct 23, 2012
Indian Springs, AL
I had the same question last year and discovered set up questions I could not find the answer to with the valving on the splitter, recycling the oil or potential blinding the recycle flow when hooked up to the implement. There was also the $700 plus fee the local Kubota tractor dealer wanted for the installation (if I could tell them how I needed it hooked up). I solved all this by using a PTO driven self contained hydraulic log splitter set up. This was cheaper but it does not allow for future implements.

Which 3pt splitter are you considering…I found the Canadian built SplitFire to be the most incredible machine…very happy with it.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's not advised to hook up to the tractors hydraulics to run a log splitter as it will be extremely slow.
If you do go ahead and do it you need a ported non-valve controlled outlet to run it, as the valve on the splitter will do the work.

Frank minarchi

Equipment
B3200 loader,mower
Sep 24, 2012
Edmonton ab Canada
I was thinking the Speeco splitter but maybe i should just go with the self contained one with its own motor. But does that mean with my power beyond line tied up for my backhoe connection that i cant even put a 3rd function on my loader like for a grapple or something?

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Implements are priced according to the volume of sales. Since "they" sell a jillion self-powered log splitters for every 1 3PH hitch model, you can probably get better for less going the self powered route.
Wolfman's comment on the speed is very true - think SLOW with the tractor hydraulics.
You can still put a grapple or other implement on the tractor by plumbing it in series with the loader valve. That is what my dealer did when he gave me remote hydraulics lines for my L3200.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I prefer a separate splitter to one attached to the tractor. This leaves the tractor free to do other things such as move split piled away from the splitter and move un-split wood closer , or any other tasks.;) Also saves hours on the tractor.

Just a thought.

Dwilson

Equipment
b3200
Nov 25, 2014
Indiana pa 15701
I have a B3200 and have a question, I do not have a front loader on my tractor but wanted to try and hook up a log splitter, it seems like there is no presure in the hydraulic lines, is there a way to turn this on, I don't have a manual and found nothing on line to help me.