3pt Flow Control

VRSW

Equipment
B2400
Sep 21, 2016
Anita
I recently purchased a B2400. With my 6' blade attached the the 3pt, if you lower the 3pt lever.....unless you are VERY careful and slow with the lever, the blade stays raised.....and then with a tiny additional movement of the lever, it free-falls to the ground. I assume that adjusting the flow control knob under the seat would help greatly with this, but that knob won't budge at all. Should it just turn freely by hand....or is it somehow locked in place and I don't understand how to unlock it? I'm assuming that it is simply "stuck".....seized? Is this a common problem? Is there a solutuon?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like it could be one of several issues:

Flow control is causing it to flow to fast, put simply you'll need to fix it to get it work properly.

Feed back rod is out of adjustment, readjust rod.

3 point valve is malfunctioning, will require rebuild, least likely of the scenarios.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Your flow control valve is stuck. Seen plenty of them stuck exactly as yours. Sometimes some good penetrating fluid can free them. Other times they have to be removed and freed, and other times just replace the necessary parts.

That's the way it's supposed to work. You "tighten" the FC valve up, which closes a passageway and restricts fluid flow through it, which slows the rate of drop. It probably hasn't been adjusted in a while and has become seized.

VRSW

Equipment
B2400
Sep 21, 2016
Anita
Update: I've been spraying down the flow control with penetrating lube and after a week of trying to get it loosened up, it finally broke loose today and works perfectly! It was opened as far as it would go and "tightened" in the full open position. Took several full turns of the knob to make any difference at all in slowing down the 3 pt arms. Also improved the range of adjustment to the controls by adjusting the feedback rod a bit. Before, the only way the arms would lower was to move the lever almost all the way forward and then my blade would free-fall to the ground. Now, with the flow control and the feedback rod adjusted, by the time I get the lever moved about half way forward, the blade starts to lower and I can stop it and hold it in any position. Much improved! Thanks for all of your help!