3pt. choppy

chuck172

Equipment
L3200, ford4500tlb, ford8n
Feb 12, 2014
honesdale, Pa.
The 3point lift on my L3200 is not smooth. Its real choppy. The machine is new. Anyone else have this problem?

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
It is a common problem on the L3200/L3800. Some are evidently worse than others. Mine is jerky, but has not caused any real problems - just an annoyance. I wish they would fix it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is one of those issues that I haven't heard of a "fix" for, it's a design defect that doesn't present itself till after use.
You might try talking to the dealer maybe they have finally found a way to fix it, and if they do please let us know! ;)

chuck172

Equipment
Feb 12, 2014
honesdale, Pa.
When I first bought my tractor, I asked about warranty issues. He told me it would be my responsibility to transport my tractor to him (the dealer). He's about 30 miles from me. Is this generally the way it happens?

Last edited:

turck

Equipment
m5140, JD2020, ford 850, farmal 240
Apr 20, 2013
carthage, ny usa
When I first bought my tractor, I asked about warranty issues. He told me it would be my responsibility to transport my tractor to him (the dealer). He's about 30 miles from me. Is this generally the way it happens?
my dealer sends a service tech to my place and decides if it needs to come back to them then they come and get it at no cost to me.

turck

Equipment
m5140, JD2020, ford 850, farmal 240
Apr 20, 2013
carthage, ny usa
This is one of those issues that I haven't heard of a "fix" for, it's a design defect that doesn't present itself till after use.
You might try talking to the dealer maybe they have finally found a way to fix it, and if they do please let us know! ;)
I know that this probably isn't an option for Chuck but the best fix is a M series. The three point action is nice and smooth on the M, oh and lots of power.

09Ram

Equipment
09 Ram 2500, Grand L3830, GST, 6 ft Brushhog, 6 ft Box Blade, 8 ft Disk, Auger
Jun 8, 2013
Tahlequah, Ok
I know that this probably isn't an option for Chuck but the best fix is a M series. The three point action is nice and smooth on the M, oh and lots of power.
The Grand L's 3 point action is also as smooth as warm butter...

Last edited:

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
look at the hydraulic fluid pathway... jerky motion could be cavitation issues...:confused:

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
The 3point lift on my L3200 is not smooth. Its real choppy. The machine is new. Anyone else have this problem?
Chuck,

This is a common, known problem to Kubota. It is an endemic issue to the 3200, 3400 and early 3800 series. These are little brothers to the L3800 series. It is a valve.

Your dealer will likely look at it and perhaps try to adjust the up/down control for the 3 point. All the while, telling you that it is 'normal.'

If you search my early comments regarding our L3700SU, you will find another story. IF you keep pressing this issue with a factory rep, you may find it is covered under warranty. Kubota records warranty by s/n's. I also posted in my early discovery the actual valve numbers including the new one put in under warranty. In my opinion, this is both a safety issue and qualifies as a latent defect.

Do try your dealer first and keep records or time/who/place, etc.....then go to or insist on talking with your factory rep. If denied, keep it up or you will just get thrown under the bus. No one will do this for you, you must go for it and stay at it.

Good luck, it can be done with persistence,

Burt

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
I had called my Rep's district sales manager... They got me squared away when my B2410 experienced jerky steering after the tractor had been run at operating speed. Turned out it was a design flaw where the pwr steering pump oil return emptied into the oil suction return line. They GAVE me a retro kit to cap the line at the suction line and redirect the return to the newly furnished top plate tapped with a fitting for the return line.... straight into the transmission case.

No cavitation and the fix worked.

Bottom line... it took weeks to connect the kubota people dots and with a little kindness and patience... we all worked it out. Kubota furnished the retro kit for free to my dealer who in turn gave it to me and I did the work... problem solved...

Good luck on yours... patience and persistence will pay off...

Butch

chuck172

Equipment
Feb 12, 2014
honesdale, Pa.
I did everything I could to have Kobuta fix this problem. End result is NO. They won't do anything. They say they can't fix something that isn't broken. The L series are jerky by design. They are economy tractors. I guess to Kobuta, the L stands for economy. If I want smooth operation, they said move up to the Grand L.
I took my tractor back to the dealer and got a full refund.